Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waters have definitely just broken...what do I do now?

(10 Posts)
McSnail Sat 22-Aug-09 03:09:10

Hi - have just called triage because that's what I'm supposed to do, but was told to call back later, so thought I'd log on to see if anyone was about.

Have shoved on a sanitary towel, because it's still occasionally trickling out. I think it's clear - no green or brown tinges, but I'm monitoring the colour...

I'm 41+4. Brain's gone a bit mashy - I don't think I'm having contractions - have a very mild lower back pain but that's it, really...

Hoping they won't want me to come in (I doubt they'll tell me to) as we don't have a dog sitter right now..

corblimeymadam Sat 22-Aug-09 04:00:25

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Sat 22-Aug-09 04:01:39

Message withdrawn

StripeySuit Sat 22-Aug-09 04:19:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

duchesse Sat 22-Aug-09 04:26:43

Hooray!

Eat, drink and try to go back to sleep. It could be hours before contractions start properly -was able to take number 1 child to mother and toddlers and spend the day doing things before they started with number 2 child. Number 3 was about three hours between waters going and cx starting. About 6 or 7 with child 1.

Good luck.

McSnail Sat 22-Aug-09 06:02:26

Hi - thanks for replying everyone.

Well - I'm home again. Due to go in for seven pm tonight - contractions definitely happening and getting stronger

I'm really glad as I was booked for an induction on Monday and was seriously fed-up!

Having and egg sandwich just now and then I'm going to try and sleep (hahaha!)

Thanks again!

MmeLindt Sat 22-Aug-09 07:00:03

Great that contractions are starting. My waters broke (during the European Cup Final, was I popular!) went straight to hospital on the advice of the midwife and then spent a boring night and morning with nothing doing.

Stay at home as long as you feel comfortable doing that and get some rest.

Good luck. Have you got a name picked yet?

Confuzzeled Sat 22-Aug-09 08:00:35

Huge good luck, I hope you have a nice fast labour.

I'm also jealous, was due yesterday and feel like hopping on the spot so this baby falls out of me.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 22-Aug-09 08:05:33

Oh good luck! My waters broke at 5am on a saturday after being booked in for an induction on the monday too! I had DD that evening after a nice smooth birth, staying at home until about 7pm.

I hope yours is as smooth and lots and lots of good luck and positive thoughts.

(my friend had her first baby last night too, I am so broody right now, lucky seeing as I am having a baby too!).

PurpleCrazyHorse Mon 24-Aug-09 16:10:42

Good luck

Eeek... not sure if my waters have broken, currently sitting very still and has stopped for now. Taken to wearing a maternity pad (!) and waiting for DH to arrive home and take me to the birth centre for a check-up. Bit worried as no TENS machine (just 37 weeks) and only half packed bags.

Hoping things are moving along for you and you'll meet your baby soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now