Talk

Advanced search

is this the plug? TMI alert

(10 Posts)
forevermore Fri 21-Aug-09 15:14:46

ok so i went to the loo wiped and a runny jelly which was similar to raw egg white in consistencty and burgandy in colour was on the tissuehmm. I am 36+3 (BTW DD1 was born at 35+5).

the twist is that I have Major placenta previa (no bleeds to date) and gestational diabetes and have been told I am having a c-section on 1st sept (38 weeks) and should rush myself in if i go into labour before this date.

I have no aches and pains just this and nothing since. what so you think this means / should i do. I rang the labour ward and they seemed rather nonchalant and said any bright red bleeding...no...well call back if you see that then.

it seems bizarre that i have to go through a bleed before I am considered 'at risk' or going into labourhmm

Are you sure they heard you right? I would phone them again and be a bit more forcefulsmile.

SmallScrewCap Fri 21-Aug-09 15:25:17

It could be your show, but if it's any consolation, I had mine last Wednesday and am still sitting here tight as a drum Mine was bloodier than you describe, though.

Try ringing your midwife instead - will be more familiar with your case history and can tell the hospital to expect you. Perhaps they could monitor you and the baby for half an hour to put your mind at rest?

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 21-Aug-09 15:27:26

I had something similar with dd1 at 37 weeks she then wasn't born until 39 weeks. However, in your circumstances I think it would be wise to go to ante-natal assessment to get checked out. Much good luck, I'm also 36+3 and last dd was 35+0 so I keep hoping it's any day. Glad to have got past 35 weeks and now hoping it all goes smoothly. I hope you get some answers soon.

SmallScrewCap Fri 21-Aug-09 15:27:39

(by last Wednesday I mean 9 days ago shock )

diddl Fri 21-Aug-09 15:28:10

Have your waters broken?
With my second,I had a "show" of blood about 7hrs after waters broke.
My first born before 30weeks, second at 37, sothat´s not necessarily a factor.
Have you still got it to take to show your midwife or anyone.
(I gave birth with my 2nd 2hrs after my "show".)

forevermore Fri 21-Aug-09 17:32:20

hi all thanks for advice. its been over 6 hours now and nothing else to report, no discharge at all really an only a niggly back ache which i have had on and off for a couple of weeks now. i am monitoring movement which seems ok (sticking with the at least 10/day thing. I must say very nervous and even ran a red light with my DD aged 4 in the back.....my mind was so distracted[shame].

I figured if no more discharge and no pain i am safe to sit and see what happens. what do you think?

forevermore Fri 21-Aug-09 17:34:33

BTW no waters gone but waters have been low for a number of weeks now and was even hospitalised for a week when they went very low at 30+ weeks, they have since brushed around the low end of normal so having weekly scans to keep an eye. last scan was tuesday. don't know if they have reduced more since as i said, no sign of previous leakage and consultant was frankly baffled that they went and came backhmm....i had it all going on this pregnancysmile!

SmallScrewCap Fri 21-Aug-09 18:09:59

Hello, yes I think safe to sit and see is a good policy.

When I had my show last week it was watery and I had a night in hospital to keep an eye. Midwives wanted to know about / see my sanitary towels, so if you haven't already, you should wear one so that you and anyone who needs to can have a look at what's happening.

lou4791 Fri 21-Aug-09 18:46:08

Hi,
This definately sounds like your show/plug. Best bet would be to wear a pad from now on to keep an eye on any furthur loss. It does not have to mean that labour is is beginning by any means- it could be another week or more. If waters break,reduced baby movements, contractions ,any fresh red 'period-type'loss you need to call the hospital. In fact call them if in any doubt at all.
Good luck, Lou x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now