Talk

Advanced search

anyone out there.....

(15 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 02:52:33

ok so i posted earlier trying to get this baby out before my induction on the 8th and now for past 2 hours nearly have had a dull ache in my back that peaks every 6-7 mins....im thinking i might be in labour!! haven't had a show or lost water yet though. should i monitor and notify hospital when they r 4-5 mins apart? btw im 37+2 now!!

nappyaddict Fri 21-Aug-09 02:57:15

I was told to wait until contractions are at least a minute in length and 1-2 mins apart or when you can't bear the pain anymore. A hot shower is good for pain relief.

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 02:59:59

ok thanks, im sure i got told 2-3 mins, my notes might say so will go have a looskie...what do u reckon? Labour?? this is my 2nd baby but first time round i was induced so havent got a clue!!

duchesse Fri 21-Aug-09 03:12:08

Could be braxton hicks. Has the baby's head engaged, or has it dropped down in the last few days? As NA says, I think that 3-5 minutes apart is supposed to be when you notify, unless your labour last time was very fast.

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 03:21:07

been having braxton hicks for a week now and these r defo not braxton hicks, coming about every 5-6 mins now and very painful, babies head was only 4/5ths engaged this morning and woke up with a very dull ache this morning. didnt have a fast labour last time was induced at 36+6 cos waters went 2 days previous and nothing was happening.

also feel like i need to empty my bowels...!

duchesse Fri 21-Aug-09 03:26:25

If you feel you need to ring the labour ward, then do it! Only a midwife will be able to tell if you are in labour. If they are getting progressively closer together, it's rather more likely to be labour. The labour ward will be able to advise you. Don't worry, it's staffed around the clock- they'll have someone there who can talk to you. Good luck.

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 03:28:44

thanks, will keep monitoring for a bit longer just incase its a false start lol! would be just my luck!

nappyaddict Fri 21-Aug-09 03:29:15

Sounds like labour to me but you could have a while yet. My MW believed it was better to do the majority of labouring at home in your own comforts so told us not to go in until contractions were 1-2 minutes apart. My friend went in when they were 2 minutes apart and the baby still wasn't born for another 13 hours and she wished she'd stayed at home a bit longer.

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 03:36:48

think im gonna stick it out at home as long as poss and with it being 3:30am phoning my MIL is a bit mean i think when it could be hours yet!!!

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 03:38:42

suppose i can get on with some housework while dh and ds are asleep lol!

duchesse Fri 21-Aug-09 03:39:01

Just a thought though- why were you going to be induced? Shouldn't you alert them sooner if it was for reasons of safety?

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 03:41:56

i was being induced cos i have GD but they said today 'if baby comes earlier then it comes earlier' havent been told to tell them if i go into labour, will give them a ring in a min though to double check!

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 10:51:47

well looks like last night was nothing, it all stopped at 6am this morning after 5 hours of 'contractions'...defo wasnt bad braxton hicks. im thinking a false labour cos havent had a show or anything but certainly feel icky today, got a dull back ache again and feel quite sick...hopefully its a sign of things to come!!!

Deeeja Fri 21-Aug-09 10:58:08

Ah, the same thing happens to me with every baby. It is not for nothing though, your body is probably gearing up for the birth, and the baby is trying to get into a good position.
It s all for the best, and you will probably have a fast labour once you are in established labour.
I had pre-labour contractions for 2 days with my last birth, and after I arrived in hospital ds was born after 15 minutes!
Try to get some sleep today, and keep yourself well nourished.
Good luck!smile

franfoxy2003 Fri 21-Aug-09 11:12:01

well back ache is getting worse now so think the contractions are on the way again...its driving me nuts, i just wanna know if im in labour or not!!! i havent got a clue what its like cos my ds was induced at 36+6 due to waters going and nothing happened so i dont know what normal labuor is like!!! packed the last few bits in my hospital bag last night (well this morning) so im all ready just incase!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now