Talk

Advanced search

Late suture removal after c/section

(4 Posts)
RambleOn Wed 19-Aug-09 23:35:12

Not sure if this is the right topic, but here goes

I had a c/s about 6 months ago. On leaving the hos, I asked when the stitches would be removed. They told me they were the dissolving type.

6 months later, it is causing irritation so I go to the GP, who says that the stitches should have been removed 10 days post partum shock

I now have to have them removed under local anaesthetic.

I know this is going to hurt grin

Has anyone had this happen to them or is it just me who's an idiot? grin

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 19-Aug-09 23:41:56

This happened to me aswell, I took them out myself after 3 weeks. blush It was a normal birth though, they were stitches on the outside. The doctor still left my fanjo in a mess though. I didn't need a local as I didn't go to the doctor. I just thought they had been there for long enough, cut the end with some scissors which was close to the skin and pulled them out. I was alot younger and know much better now though. I won't do this again! I was so lucky not to get an infection.

RambleOn Wed 19-Aug-09 23:54:26

OMG you're brave/foolish winkgrin

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Thu 20-Aug-09 00:29:13

erm, foolish. grin
I just thought 3 weeks was long enough, the midife was no where to be seen, I had blue string hanging from places so I though why not. It can't be hard. I'm really not happy with the apperance though. I don't think it's possible to get a tidy up IYKWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now