Talk

Advanced search

First DC born at 36 weeks, anyone know the likelihood of second DC being born early?

(5 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Wed 19-Aug-09 12:37:05

Are there any statistics behind this? Are you more likely to have another early child or is this twaddle?
Thanks smile
PS I know nothing is guaranteed, just interested in the likelihood really.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 19-Aug-09 12:45:02

I had dd at 38 weeks and ds at 37. MW did tell me when I was having DS in her opinion and her personal (anecdotal I believe) eveidence that I would probably go early as it is probably my time around then.

A friend of mine has 4 dc's
no 1: 12 days over
No 2: 4 weeks early
No 3: £ weeks early
No 4: 8 days over

so I suppose you just never know.

sheeplikessleep Wed 19-Aug-09 12:46:55

Thanks ineed - I guess I'll prepare to be early then! I work freelance, so I want to stop in enough time (as I have no other back up), why I'm interested really.
Thanks for posting

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 19-Aug-09 13:00:21

I did the opposite prepared to go to term then the day before I had DS started feeling weird and thought OMG this baby is coming tomorrow grin I didn't want to get my hopes up and he was earlier than dd.
We are ttc just now and I will be gutted if I make it to 40 weeks or over this time, i'll be climbing the walls.

diddl Wed 19-Aug-09 14:34:05

If you´ve had a premature(which I don´t really consider 36wks to be, TBH), then you will probably be told that you are at increased risk of it happeneing again.
The logic behind that simply being that it has already happened once.
But, unless there was a known reason that you had your baby at 36 weeks, and a chance of that same thing happening again, I would say that your risk is the same as anyone elses, and no one knows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now