Talk

Advanced search

Need to find a Childbirth book title

(8 Posts)
mikeh471 Tue 18-Aug-09 22:07:20

Can anyone help me out with the title of a Childbirth book please? My wife bought the book in 1992, in UK, and remembers it containing colour photos of an Asian woman giving birth. We lent the book out but it was never returned to us. My wife says it was such a good book that we would love to get hold of it again so we can pass it on to our pregnant daughter. Thanks, Mike.

choosyfloosy Tue 18-Aug-09 22:15:25

Wow, there are so many - do you remember anything else at all about it? Even the colour of the cover, perhaps? Was it a massive thick book or a thinnish one? Any thoughts about the author(s)? - was there more than one?

mikeh471 Tue 18-Aug-09 22:25:04

It was on the massive thickish size, but it was such a long time ago....so can't remember much else. I realise this is a long shot, so I'm not expecting many responses. If you can think of a few possible titles of that time, it might help to jog a memory. Thanks 4 ur quick reply anyway.

mikeh471 Tue 18-Aug-09 22:43:34

Also, at the time I remember being quite shocked at how graphic the pictures were, but I was very young then!

choosyfloosy Tue 18-Aug-09 23:20:48

Bumping for you.

The trouble is that most pregnancy and childbirth books are reissued and updated all the time... so it's hard to work out what was available in 1992.

You could try what I did! - going to Amazon and searching on 'childbirth' or 'pregnancy and childbirth' and see if anything rings a bell.

Congratulations on grandparenthood - hope all goes well.

mikeh471 Wed 19-Aug-09 00:37:25

Ok, thanks for your advice.

mikeh471 Thu 20-Aug-09 22:43:09

If choosy floosy is there, was Bumping for you a book title?

Caitni Fri 21-Aug-09 10:46:57

Can't help with this but just wanted to explain that "bumping for you" just means that by posting the message the thread will be bumped back up to the top, so therefore more likely to be spotted by others.

PS congrats on becoming a grandparent - very exciting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now