Talk

Advanced search

Very mild period like pains??

(20 Posts)
Gem021 Tue 18-Aug-09 20:31:41

Im 39 weeks today and im experiencing very mild period feelings in my bump, they dont hurt just feels a bit uncomfortable. Can anyone tell me what they are?? This is my first baby and im probably just being paranoid lol, but would appreciate any help on what they might be?? x

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 20:34:40

Sounds like braxton hicks to me. Don't worry, they will either stop or they won't. If they don't stop when you rest/have a long bath, keep an eye on them and see what develops. Good luck

bettybets Wed 19-Aug-09 12:52:37

Hi Gem021, i'm in the same boat as you 39 +1 and i woke during the night with them, not severe enough to call anyone though. Just a nagging pain, every hour or so. Its really difficult isnt it, because every twinge or niggle is sending me paranoid! I really want my labour to start so i can meet my baby.

Gem021 Wed 19-Aug-09 19:33:11

Hi bettybets, yeah its really annoying as its my first im not sure what to expect so everytime i feel anything i get paranoid and hope its labour but no luck yet sad, the extremely hot weather today didnt help even with countless cold showers to cool me down, i just want to hurry up and meet my baby.
Hope everything goes well for you and i will post if i ever go into labour. x

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Wed 19-Aug-09 19:39:58

My labour started with period type pains. Which I ignored for 8 hours (while I painted the fence and washed the floorhmm) as I thougt they couldn't be contractions because they would hurt much more.

Well later they did hurt much more, but period type pains def the start for me. When I went to hospital I was 5 cm dilated! Got more heavy duty sfter that though, but overall was great!

I bet you're in labour ladies!!

bettybets Thu 20-Aug-09 11:28:48

Lost my plug yesterday after walking with the dog, so i'm thinking somethings going on very slowly. No more pains as yet, but i'm drinking my raspberry leaf and trying to stay as active as i can..... hurry up baby

glasgowlass Thu 20-Aug-09 11:34:05

I had Mild period like pains at 39+5, didnt really take much notice TBH, they werent that bad I thought they could be contractions jsut thought DS was trying to move. Then in early morning (1am) of 39+6 was woken by a definate contraction! Stayed at home as long as I felt comfortable, went to labour suite at 6am, was 6cms!
Only lost my plug after admission examination and DS born at 09:17!

Fingers crossed for you ladies and good luck, keep us posted!

xxx

bethoo Thu 20-Aug-09 11:36:49

when i had my dd i had period like cramps and cos i was a few days early i went ot bed ot sleep it off then when i woke still sore so had a bath, only when i lost my plug on the loo that i went to hospital ''just ot make sure it is not labour!'' i was 6 cm dilated!
walking is good for labour as helps baby move down into position.
good luck ladies

roxy12 Thu 20-Aug-09 15:43:08

I had period type pains and yes that is definatly the start....things are moveing along for you.

Keep an eye on them because if they start getting more frquent and painfull then go to hospital as you will probably be in labour.

When i say frequently i mean every5 minuites!

It is so horrible when your at the end as you just want everything to happen.
It will happen trust me.

Good luck hunni xxx

GingaNinja Thu 20-Aug-09 16:01:26

Good luck girlies! I woke up half midnight with slightly iffy dodgy stomach, not even mild period pains - thought it was from taking iron supplement just before bed which had happened before. Then realised feeling slightly odd regularly, about every 5 mins - figured it couldn't be labour as hospital had said to go in when every 20 min, which it wasn't as more often than every 20 min, so obviously not labour. D'oh! grin Luckily copped on after that and got to maternity by 3am - was 7 cm dilated! Herself only took 6.5 hours all told from nuthin doing to arrival so if in doubt head in..... 11 weeks later I still have fond memories of the epidural (sigh).

lynniep Thu 20-Aug-09 16:07:37

my labour started with period pains (on the way to hospital as there was meconium when I went to the loo). These quickly progressed to big old period cramps where I wasnt able to stand up. DS arrived less than three hours after the first mild pain in the car. No idea about things like waters breaking and plugs - never saw any of that!

magbags Thu 20-Aug-09 19:42:38

I am 39+4 just now and having the exact same thing! I am REALLY hoping this is the start of (early) labour. This is my second dc but was induced first time so didn't experience those spontaneous early stages IYKWIM.

Gem021 Sat 22-Aug-09 10:26:30

Hi everyone, just to let you know i woke up at 1 this morning with period type pains and they have got stronger now, so i think labour is finally here grin! They are quite far apart at the moment and not very painful, im staying at home as long as i can as dont want to go hospital to be sent home or wait there for hours!
Will post if anything changes. x

thehouseofmirth Sat 22-Aug-09 14:09:34

I was just about to post that with DS2 I had period pains for over a week, but I'll just shut up then! How exciting! Good luck!

bettybets Sun 23-Aug-09 15:08:44

I'm in labour, and have been since 8am this morning, waiting for my contractions to become closer togethere, there every 5-7 mins at the moment. Ouch, i hope the baby comes soon!

Gem021 Tue 25-Aug-09 18:34:28

I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on sunday at 15:42 she weighed 7lb and labour was the worst pain ever but well worth it. xx

bettybets Tue 25-Aug-09 21:17:56

I gave birth to a little baby girl at 9.20am on monday morning after a 26 hour labour! 7lb 2!!!!!!! Brilliant news Gem021

thehouseofmirth Tue 25-Aug-09 21:24:56

So it got a bit worse than mild period pain then wink? Have been thinking of you both. Congratulations!

CaptainNemo Tue 25-Aug-09 22:09:30

Ok, so judging by the fabulous news from Gem021 & Bettybets if I post now I should give birth within the next few days, yes??? wink

Am currently 39+6 and FED UP. Have had a few episodes of period type pain, but it hasn't progressed to anything yet... I had to be induced after a late mc last year and that 'labour' started with period type pains followed by a show before the contractions got really bad so I guess I'm expecting that to happen again.... I just wish it would hurry up!

Good luck to everyone else, I look forward to reading news of more new arrivals soon!

glasgowlass Wed 26-Aug-09 08:03:38

Gem021 and bettybets

Huge congratulations to you both on the birth of your DD's! Hope you are all doing well.

CaptainNemo hope all goes well, sounds like things are starting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now