Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a company to hire a birthing pool?

(3 Posts)
devotion Tue 18-Aug-09 13:52:37

I really want a homebirth for my third child but my partner is just too nervous about it so I am working on him.

I was thinking of maybe just hiring a pool for before i go to hospital or i am hoping i can get my mw to talk him around a homebirth.

can you recommend a good company and how much roughly does it cost? how do you keep it hot?

with my heating the boiler fills so when you use that you would have to wait almost an hour for another boiler full of hot water. i am worried i would not be able to keep the water warm.

i also want to try hypnobirthing this time too so if you know of any books or cds you can like then please let me know

thank you

beautifulgirls Tue 18-Aug-09 13:56:12

I am using the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs as recommended to me by a friend. I bought mine from ebay second hand and plan to pass them on when I have finished with them. Can't vouch for them during labour as not actually got that far yet, but so far am feeling a lot more positive about the birth so cant be a bad thing.

Not had a waterbirth (hope to this time round, in a midwife led unit) but with DD#1 went to all the hassle of hiring a pool to make sure I had one for the hospital and never got to use it. Wouldn't do it again as wasted money. I read here good things about birth pool in a box though so you might like to google those, or hunt for a second hand one?

BunnyLebowski Tue 18-Aug-09 13:57:07

Congrats on the impending birth!!

If you're in Yorkshire I can sell you mine!

I'm not sure of companies to hire from but we bought ours from

these peeps

It was the La Bassine one and I'd thoroughly recommend it! It was about £90 but that included all the accessories required so it was a good deal!

I think you can get lids for them to keep the water warm but ours filled up really quickly do DP was able to do it in about 20 mins.

I didn't end up delivering dd in the pool as I wanted to be on my knees and said knees kept slipping on the floor of the pool so I got out and delivered her on the sofa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now