Talk

Advanced search

2 c-section and 1 vbac, do I have to have a c-s?

(2 Posts)
Deeeja Sun 16-Aug-09 01:26:13

Basically I had a vaginal delivery, then two c-sections, and then a vbac. Yet the hospital I am booked into are trying to push me into another c-section. I am due in 6 weeks.
I asked for explanation why, and apparently I should never have been 'allowed' to have vbac last time, midwife's words.
I am now feeling bullied. Even though I tried hard to vbac last time, and I succeeded, there was atleast a supportive senior midwife, who was lovely. This time I feel kind of alone. I feel bullied. There is no good reason for a c-s, and I don't trust any of the midwives, they seem like a load of interfering ninnies, with no training.....
I am determined to vbac again, and know to go to hosp at the last minute, insist on no monitoring, last time, I just removed the monitor and went for a walk.
Hmm, maybe I should do that again..

CarmenSanDiego Sun 16-Aug-09 01:39:20

Is an independent midwife an option?

Or a doula?

A VBAC is possible, but I think you need good support from your caregivers.

I found this website that has a whole load of studies referenced.

here

From what I can see, there might be a /slightly/ increased risk of uterine rupture, but evidence is contradictory on this and it still remains a tiny risk.

The success rate is lower if the reasons for the C Sections is something that will repeat but as you've already had a VBAC, this doesn't apply.

I think you've got a great case for a VBAC - you just need to arm yourself with evidence and ideally find some people who can support you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now