Talk

Advanced search

Accupressure to bring on labour, does it work?

(5 Posts)
popadopalis Thu 13-Aug-09 22:07:29

Hi, my sister is 40+ weeks pregnant and getting impatient for the arrival of her bubba. Has anyone had any experience with accupressure to bring on labour? Does it work? Any other suggestions to help?

popadopalis Thu 13-Aug-09 22:10:15

bump

popadopalis Thu 13-Aug-09 22:12:48

Anyone? Please?!! smile

mrswee Fri 14-Aug-09 16:12:43

Sorry I don't know anything about accupressure as such, (though I have heard you can do a session to help this) but I am told that reflexology can help.

I spoke to a reflexolgist the other day and she told me there are certain points that can stimulate contractions if you are ready to go. She said they can tell if you are getting ready by certain points on your feet being soft. They actually do reflexology to help with labour in a hospital local to me, so it must have something in it!

Also helps to relax you, as would accupressure, and that will help a person along the way.

becktay Fri 14-Aug-09 20:01:15

i had acupuncture leading up to and on the day of my labour. on the day i went into labour i got a Braxton Hicks contraction every time i twiddled the points. i was ready to pop by then but i think it def helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now