Talk

Advanced search

TENS - where best to hire from?

(10 Posts)
AliBean Tue 11-Aug-09 12:01:07

Could you please let me know where the best (cheapest!) place is to hire a TENS from?

I am due on 9/9/09 so could you also advise when I should order it for? How many weeks before EDD?

Many thanks

Bettymum Tue 11-Aug-09 12:06:34

Your local Boots will hire them out, for about £25 I think. I think I got it about a week or two before my EDD so that I could practise using it, DD was 10 days late so I was a bit late returning it - officially I think you have it for 4 weeks - but they were fine about it.
I found that it really did help with pain relief.

becksydee Tue 11-Aug-09 12:53:59

i got mine from here - looked on here for advice on the best TENS machine and a lot of people were recommending the Elle TENS, this was the cheapest place to hire it that i could find. £25.99 for 30 days, arrives 3 weeks before EDD.

hairygodmother Tue 11-Aug-09 13:27:58

I went to this site who were v good. You just tell them your EDD and they'll send it out in time. They also enclose an SAE so you can just chuck it back in the post. Good luck! I wasn't convinced mine was helping until they took it away from me (prior to c-section, but that's another story) and I could certainly tell the difference!

Bearus Tue 11-Aug-09 13:37:03

I hired mine from here: www.newroadclinic.co.uk/bookbypost.htm. They were the cheapest I could find at the time at 18.50 + £3 p&p and it arrived really quickly - in under 5 days.

Couldn't fault them and the actual machine was very good - properly packed with new batteries etc. Good luck!

Reallytired Tue 11-Aug-09 16:08:29

I used this tens machine I got through labour with nothing but TENS. They have a good service and I was very pleased.

AliBean Wed 12-Aug-09 15:08:45

Thank you all - I will go off and do some price comparision and go from there.

Lovely helpful MN'ers! grin

MrsKitty Wed 12-Aug-09 15:17:48

I've ordered mine from here Was the cheapest I could find which also included return postage.

Used the Boots service the last time round but have heard so many good things about the Elle Tens decided to give it a go.

BunnyLebowski Wed 12-Aug-09 15:54:46

Hi Ali

I got mine from Mothercare and it was great. I ordered it at the beginning of September last year and was due on 30th September although dd didn't appear till 6th October!

It arrived in plenty of time and came with a prepaid envelope to send it back in.

Good luck with everything! I assume you're having a home birth?

gloob Fri 14-Aug-09 15:36:25

If you're bothered about hiring and having to keep it longer than 'allowed', you can buy one from LLoyds Pharmacy for only £29.99! You can then keep it as long as you like (I'll hold on to mine just in case I crazily decide to have another - first baby due in a couple of weeks) or you can ultimately sell it on ebay.

I couldn't find any online to buy at this price - all those listed were at least twice or three times that price. However I saw Lloyds advertising in a free mum-to-be mag I'd been given by my midwife, so thought why not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now