Talk

Advanced search

pain after childbirth

(4 Posts)
MoominMoma Sat 08-Aug-09 18:05:19

Hi
I had my 1st baby 15 days ago, it was a quick labour and I had a grazed labia so was given stitches. These are apparently healing well and the swelling has gone down. The problem I have is that if I sit down for any length of time it becomes very uncomfortable - the only way I can describe it is that it feels like the top of my legs and my bottom have gone numb. Also sometimes when I stand up it feels very strange like I am having a rush of blood down below. It isn't really painful is not very pleasant
Is this kind of discomfort normal??

Northerngirldownsouth Sat 08-Aug-09 18:21:01

Def worth getting it checked out by your GP. I had stitches and some discomfort is normal but over 2 weeks on it should be mostly gone. You could have an infection (I did despite endless tea-tree oil baths....) and antibiotics will sort it out.

See your GP on Monday if you can.

MrsFlyingKebab Mon 10-Aug-09 12:15:01

Hmm, could be that you're trapping a nerve when you sit. When you stand you get that rush of sensation coming back. I get a numb patch at the top of one leg when I sit or lie down for too long and it was much worse after I had my dd1 a few years back. It seemed permanently numb (I had a CS so wasn't related to damage to my ladybits!)I think all the pregnancy hormones loosen all the pelvic joints and make it easier for the nerves that travel along the pelvis to get pressed on. I developed SPD weeks AFTER my daughter was born. A combination of pelvic floor and core stability exercises helped a lot. But if you're worried get it checked out.

MoominMoma Mon 10-Aug-09 17:05:29

Thanks ladies, it hasn't been as bad the last day or two as I have been moving around a bit more. Going to keep an eye on it and if it hasn't gone by the end of the week I shall go and get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now