Talk

Advanced search

overdue and properly annoyed by false starts - did this happen to you?

(3 Posts)
melfishfish Fri 07-Aug-09 16:08:24

I am 41+1 with first baby. On sunday I was getting regular BH every 5 minutes or so, thought it might have been the start, but they went away by the morning and since then have been getting very irregular period pain and contraction type feelings... it's so annoying! did this happen to anyone else? I feel like baby will never come. Midwife tried to do a sweep but couldn't reach, said cervix was soft but still posterior, whatever that means. No show or anything, your stories of overdueness and eventual happy endings would help me cope....

ajm200 Fri 07-Aug-09 16:23:08

I've never been overdue but I have had the misery of BHs and can sympathise.

If it is any consolation, I was in labour for 3 days with DD for 3 days and at various points the MW kept tellling me that she wasn't 100% sure that this was the real thing right up until 1/2 an hour before DD arrived as my labour pains never become regular and stopped for anything up to an hour at times.

It sounds like your body is gearing up so just be patient. Baby will come when he/she is ready and you aren't. grin

melfishfish Fri 07-Aug-09 16:26:38

Thanks for that
I have heard that the best way to get it to come out is to rely on sod's law and plan to do loads of stuff, book restaurant meals and hair appointments and get non-refundable tickets to events etc...sitting on arse feeling sorry for self has not helped so far anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now