Talk

Advanced search

please help me understand these hospital observations!

(4 Posts)
olivo Fri 07-Aug-09 12:19:15

at my routine 37 wk check at the ante natal clinic ,they decided to monitor me and after a couple of hours on the monitor, decided to admit me overnight as i was getting tightenings every 5 mins or so. I have GD and polyhydramnios and was given steroids 2 weeks ago in case of a predicted early arrival. I was given an internal, the mw siad my cervix was soft but posterior, the baby's head was not down (only 1/5 engaged). looking at my notes, my cervix is 1.5cms long and station is marked as -3.

they warned me it might be the start. this morning, the tightenings were not as close and i was allowed home. i have since had a slight brownish jelly like discharge (show?) and right now have a vague dull period pain like ache.

so... i suppose my question is, is anything likely to happen now? can anyone expain any of the observations or why they thought i might go into labour? it's all very differnt from my first time round!

TIA

LeninGrad Fri 07-Aug-09 12:26:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

olivo Fri 07-Aug-09 12:35:40

thank Lenin; they are aware of my show and have basically said watch and wait! because of the polyhydramnios i am to go in straight away if my waters break.

Congrats on your new baby boy by the way; hope you are both well.

LeninGrad Fri 07-Aug-09 12:41:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now