Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clothing after caesarean

(15 Posts)
Benjy Wed 05-Aug-09 21:00:23

I am having a caesarean in a couple of weeks and don't have many clothes that I think will be comfortable afterwards, just one pair of jogging pants.

What did you wear and how many pairs trousers, etc. will I need? Any links to clothes I could buy online that would be suitable would be great.

Thanks.

jellybeans Wed 05-Aug-09 21:05:46

I just wore maternity jogging pants a few days/weeks after and right after wore baggy pjamas and nighties. I still looked preggers for a good few days! Anything loose around the stomach is good, big granny pants are a must!!

Poledra Wed 05-Aug-09 21:08:50

Second the big cotton granny pants! I wore my maternity clothes afterwards, and also had a coule of pairs of cheap jogging bottoms in a bigger size than usual.

mrswill Wed 05-Aug-09 21:08:59

Hi Benjy,

I had an emergency section, so didnt prepare for the clothing probs i had after it. But my mother went shopping for me afterwards and bought me 3 pairs of very soft jogging bottoms from peacocks (am i allowed to say that on here??). Buy a few pairs of bottoms that are not tight in anyway on your stomach, and a pair of shoes you can slip on, so you dont have to bend down!
I didnt wear jeans for a few months, but i hear that planned sections are less sore. Im not so computer literate than i know how to post links, but hopefully someone will be along soon. Best of luck for you and your new baby!!
P.s. excuse my cheekiness, but get a v shaped big pillow, deep sofas are the enemy after a section, and the pillows also help with feeding, breast or bottle. Apologies if im preaching to the converted here.x

Wolfcub Wed 05-Aug-09 21:09:05

big knickers, preferably with good elastic content in the material for support. Comfy trousers/maternity jeans with loose tops over, be really aware of where the wasteband will sit, this is the time for waistbands that are actually on your waste, nothing under-bump or hipster style.

Harimosmummy Wed 05-Aug-09 21:12:46

Apart from my maternity trousers (I so couldn't deal with regular trousers!), I'm in pre-preg clothes...

Though, I would recommend big pants!!!

traceybath Wed 05-Aug-09 21:13:34

Had 3rd c-section 2 weeks ago. Have had one emergency and 2 elective.

I bought big granny pants - i think 5 pairs for £1 in asda and just treated them as disposable although to be honest my blood loss was minimal.

Day after just wore yoga type trousers from the white company. Was wearing maternity jeans on about day 5 and am now in normal jeans.

However my scar has healed very well and none of my trousers actually press on the scar as its very low down.

Good luck with your c-section. Although i know its not the done thing to say - i loved all of mine smile

poorbuthappy Wed 05-Aug-09 21:19:13

Umm, I actually found my maternity jeans were more comfortable than joggers, especially the ones which were designed to go over the bump, because it helped my tummy to feel more secure!

Chynah Thu 06-Aug-09 17:27:59

Big pants are a must! nighties to sleep in are good. I wore loose yoga pants and my maternity trousers for a couple of weeks then ventured back into pre preg jeans and it was fine.

HeadFairy Thu 06-Aug-09 17:38:05

If the weather's warm, one thing I can recommend is a sarong. I wore it a bit like a skirt and you can tie at the side, high up, low down, etc whatever's comfortable. I also wore a couple of my elasticated maternity skirts, slightly higher on the waist, though you'll be surprised how low down the wound will actually be so you won't need wear it around your ears

Gromit78 Thu 06-Aug-09 18:38:10

I think maternity dresses are the best so nothing is clinging to your tummy. Wear two maternity pads in a 'T' shape, to catch blood and protect the scar aganist the elastic of your knickers. big bridget Jones' knickers are a must. Just be aware that c-sections can cause incontinence after they take out the cathitar so no matter how many knickers you plan to take into hospital, take a lot more.

GentlyDoesIt Fri 07-Aug-09 22:31:55

Another vote for a maternity dress, mainly because bending is a challenge after a section. With a dress you can slip it on over your head and not have to worry about getting your feet through legholes. It also avoids that annoying moment on the loo when you realise that your trousers have slipped round your ankles, which makes for even more bending!

Go for something in jersey and nicely flowing. If you are going to breastfeed, you'll need to consider that as well. this and http://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=m-dresses&ProductID=13190_13191&language =en-GB this]] both look like they could give easy access to breasts. You could wear a shirt or cardi over the top to give yourself privacy, or double up with a vest or camisole underneath and pull that up over your breast while pulling the dress down.

Good luck!

GentlyDoesIt Fri 07-Aug-09 22:32:57

another attempt at second link!

Stinkyfeet Fri 07-Aug-09 22:37:02

I found loose, high waisted joggers most comfy.

Must echo mrswill and the slip on shoes! I couldn't bend down far enough to do up shoes for weeks!

Meglet Fri 07-Aug-09 22:38:33

I wore maternity tracksuit bottoms and combats for the first couple of weeks after my two cs's. And maternity leggings are comfy and look pretty with a dress over them.I got almost everything from H+M (and e-bayed it for a few quid once I was finished with it), if you have one have a rummage through the sale rail I found a few handy items in there. Big pants up to the belly button are essential. Second headfairys advice about a sarong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now