Advanced search

Bring on labour

(14 Posts)
babybugs Tue 04-Aug-09 16:51:21

Hi was wondering if anyone had tips on how to get labour started thanks

FrameyMcFrame Tue 04-Aug-09 19:01:38

go for a long walk

liz81 Tue 04-Aug-09 20:53:58

theres a few that people try, hot curry (brings up your body temp to get things started) regular sex (like every 6 hours as sperm is a natural prostin which is what the midwives insert at cervix when being induced, every 6 hrs) fresh pineapple (not sure y)
theres a few to get started on anyhow smile

liahgen Tue 04-Aug-09 21:55:25

nippl estimulation, quite firmly, bout ten mins each side for e period of time

sex

those are the best as they release the hormones that you need to stimulate ctx.

Longtalljosie Wed 05-Aug-09 06:03:36

Raspberry leaf tea - either as a tea or in tablets.

Scrubbing the kitchen floor, apparently - although that's a step too far for me grin

Mumcentreplus Wed 05-Aug-09 06:07:55

Nookie works!

roxy12 Wed 05-Aug-09 07:35:48

nothing worked for me, i had a sweep and that worked first time.

Never tried raspberry leaf tea????

Try it all as it may work for you.

good luck

Helley Wed 05-Aug-09 09:30:21

A sweep worked for me....plug went that evening, waters went the next day.

Will definitely be booking myself in for one next time instead of going 8 days overdue.

3cutedarlings Wed 05-Aug-09 09:37:49

long drive down a bumping country dirt track, nipple stimulation with a breast pump , sex sex sex and more sex is what 1 did to evict DS not sure which of the 3 actually worked hmm although i suspect it was the breast pump smile

JetLi Wed 05-Aug-09 10:08:08

Shagging then curry then a brisk walk (no dawdling)

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 05-Aug-09 10:12:38

reaspberry leaf tea doesn't bring on labour, it tones the uterus.

You eat curry not to bring up the body temperature, but to give you the shits so it stimulates the bowel which in turn stimulates the uterus into contracting.

Natural forms of induction will only work if you are ripe and ready to go.

Pokey-cervix-bashing sex worked for me blush

Good luck smile

RedDeadFail Wed 05-Aug-09 10:18:50

Honestly, very few things work to 'bring on labour'. A couple of things might help if you're about ready to go anyway and tbh how much time is that saving you?

I understand the misery of the the end of pregnancy, truly I do but no amount of pineapple and curry and walking is going to shift a baby that will come in its own time. That's a good thing. You don't want to force a baby out that isn't ready for this world.

Running up and down stairs, lots of sex and long walks might just tire you out and still not bring on labour. Not what you want with a labour ahead of you.

I recommend treating yourself, have a snooze, watch those films you want to watch, read a book.

Your baby will come when mother nature intends it.

pebblebeach Wed 05-Aug-09 13:04:03

Sorry, I am going to go all lentil-weavery on you... but being mentally ready can help too - finishing off to do lists, getting your head round the imminent new arrival, resolving any conflicts/issues you have.... easier said than done, but I think both the mind and body need to be ready. Hope that makes sense and I'd also second RDF's point - get lots of rest now while you can..... good luck!

babybugs Thu 06-Aug-09 17:24:30

thanks for tips!! Am sure dh will be thrilled about all the sex LOL!!! Will let you know x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now