Talk

Advanced search

Section booked for two weeks time. Had show today...

(5 Posts)
Benjy Mon 03-Aug-09 22:12:33

I had a bloody show with DC1 and went into labour within 24 hours. I had a show today, no blood, and no sign of labour yet but I'm wondering now what the likliehood is of me making it to my planned section date in two weeks time. What do you think?

I have been having strong braxton hicks for the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering at what point to contact the labour ward if I think I am going into labour early. Presumably with a section booked, I don't wait until 3 contractions every 10 minutes as I was told to do with DC1 (vaginal delivery) but I get so many braxton hicks I don't want to turn up there at every false alarm.

moaningminniewhingesagain Mon 03-Aug-09 23:37:39

Bumping for you, I would ring them if you think you are having any contractions that aren't BHs. A show might mean imminent labour, but some people lose bits of show for days before much happens.

Would ring now if you are not supposed to labout at all for some reason, depends a bit on why you have an elective booked.

readyfornumber2and3 Tue 04-Aug-09 06:50:06

I had my show over a week before I had DS so may not be imminent but would ring labour ward if you have any reason to think you are in labour.
Better to go in with a false alarm than labour naturally if you shouldnt smile

LeninGrad Tue 04-Aug-09 11:06:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrameyMcFrame Tue 04-Aug-09 19:03:16

I had a show 3 weeks before labour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now