Talk

Advanced search

Orgasm and Childbirth

(10 Posts)
BeckynSteve Mon 03-Aug-09 18:02:06

i came across an article in the Times that said you can actually orgasm during childbirth. anyone hear about this? anyone experience it!?!?
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/features/article5924063.ece

GaribaldiGirl Mon 03-Aug-09 18:11:13

I read this too in the times. Made me laugh out loud. I just don't believe it, to be honest. Unless the woman is a sado-masochist....

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 03-Aug-09 18:13:23

Message withdrawn

MrsHappy Mon 03-Aug-09 18:54:14

I haven't experienced it but I have seen some footage on Youtube from a US TV show that talked about it, and showed some women looking very happy while their babies were being born. From what they said it seemed to begin from kissing their partners, which goes with what Ina May Gaskin says about not denying the sexual nature of birth (and also with what Starlight says about leaving women alone).
Ina May Gaskin also suggests that if your vaginal tissues are engorged (i.e. from sexual arousal) you are less likely to tear.

Mammina Mon 03-Aug-09 19:53:44

my yoga teacher told us this - she's a big fan of Ina May

SpawnChorus Mon 03-Aug-09 20:02:31

I didn't actually orgasm, but there was something intensely satisfying and pleasurable about pushing DS out. I can see how it can happen.

danthe4th Mon 03-Aug-09 20:18:16

Came close with my second birth, but thought it was just me and thought it a bit odd, never told anyone before!!!

MrsHappy Mon 03-Aug-09 20:21:18

Do you think anything in particular triggered it Danthe4th, or were you just lucky?

TreeTrunkThighs Fri 07-Aug-09 12:56:48

I did, with my first blush

Took me by surprise and I was worried that the midwife would be able to tell blush

Was all about the pressure...blush

Hoping this doesn't sit in active convos for too long!

BeckynSteve Wed 12-Aug-09 16:22:40

wow - if either of you have any tips on how to make it happen, that would be awesome. Were you in hospital or at home?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now