Talk

Advanced search

if a bath slowed my labour down before, will the same happen?+spd

(7 Posts)
mama2leah Mon 03-Aug-09 17:26:55

last time i went into the hot bath when i was 6 cm dilated, and a few hours later, and walking around i was still 6 cms dilated...

this time i really want to use the water as i am suffering with spd, but will it stop my labour again?

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 17:28:48

usually once you are 5 + cm , getting into a birth pool will get you delivered within a couple of hours.. did you use a birth pool or a hot bath?

the temperature perhaps makes a difference

water generally stalls or stops a non established labour

mama2leah Mon 03-Aug-09 18:31:53

it was hot bath..i was 6 cm..i re-read my notes...

what should i do this time around?

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 19:44:42

there is a world of difference between a birth pool and a regular bath

if you want to use water as pain relief and to deliver in, it needs to be a birth pool at the right temperature

mama2leah Mon 03-Aug-09 22:32:16

it was a hospital bath ( really big and hot), they didnt have a birthing pool then..but they have one now..i really want to use it, but i dont want my labour to stop again, they ended up having to break my waters last time.

what temperature should it be?

LuluMaman Tue 04-Aug-09 10:46:36

there is loads of info around on water birth. can't remember what the exact temp should be, it needs to be quite specific , not too cold, not too hot...but a birth pool is different to a hot bath. have a google of Yehudi Gordon and Janet Balaskas re water birth .

mama2leah Tue 04-Aug-09 12:48:51

will do, thank u

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now