Advanced search

My birthpool in a box has a puncture! Any ideas re. puncture repair kits?

(8 Posts)
samja Fri 31-Jul-09 00:35:00

Hello. I used my BPIAB 2 years ago with DS2. All went well. Have just inflated it and there is a puncture in the floor chamber on the outside.

My DP is a cyclist and says that a bike puncture kit won't work as it is a vulcanising glue which only works with rubber.

I am 37 weeks and feeling like the birth is not far away. Another pool would be £100!

Any ideas? Anyone?

Cazzr Fri 31-Jul-09 07:12:43

is it that you want the padding or worried it will leak? If it's just the leaking risk, maybe use a liner? they are 25 quid on website but you might be able to get on on ebay cheaper maybe?

Surprised it didn't come with a puncture repair kit tbh but can't find reference on the website other than
"In the unlikely event of a puncture, birth pool in a box is designed with 3 independent air chambers so that if one chamber punctures, 2/3 of the height of the sides remains, causing considerably less problems than if a single-chambered pool is punctured."
but thats more about the sides of the pool...

Maybe a call to the supplier?

Picante Fri 31-Jul-09 07:23:48

I use duct tape for our paddling pool which seems to work!

samja Fri 31-Jul-09 09:08:23

Thanks. Will call the supplier this morning. I do have a liner but yes the padding on my knees would be nice!

If I can't find a puncture repair kit maybe I'll try duct tape. I was only in it for 10 mins last time before baby appeared so maybe I'm a bit ambitious to think I'll get in it at all...

samja Fri 31-Jul-09 09:09:01

But still if anyone knows of a puncture kit, I'd be grateful.

SoupDragon Fri 31-Jul-09 09:19:37

You can get puncture kits that are like a self adhesive patch. An effect not unlike duct tape I guess I've had them come with air beds etc. I probably have one hanging around somewhere.

trixymalixy Mon 03-Aug-09 16:46:34

My BPIAB came with a puncture repair kit. I'm sure if you phone the manufacturer they could send you one.

beautifulgirls Tue 04-Aug-09 11:11:40

You can get vinyl repair glue and patches at DIY stores - the type of thing you would use to repair a kids inflatable boat or small bouncy castle type of toy. I would think that is the sort of thing that you need.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: