Talk

Advanced search

In some pain seven weeks after ventouse delivery... Any advice or answers?

(6 Posts)
DawnAS Tue 28-Jul-09 21:14:00

Hi all,

My DD is seven weeks old and is my first baby.

After being induced and having a traumatic three day labour (contractions started as soon as pessary was administered but didn't dilate for 48 hours!), I ended up with an episiotomy after a Ventouse delivery.

I think that the stitches have healed fine as I'm not getting any pain there and I don't seem to have a problem with my pelvic floor, but I am getting what almost feels like muscle or aching pain, at the front of my ladybits around my (for want of a better word...) my "lips".

I haven't looked as I'm still too scared to, but can anyone suggest what the pain might be? I'm wondering if it might be Vulva Varicous Veins. I have had piles since the birth so wondered if I may have them at the front aswell.

Sorry for the TMI but it's difficult to broach this subject without being a bit graphic!!

Our PCT does 8 week postnatal checks, not 6, so I'm going to book in for next week, but wondered if anyone could suggest anything in the meantime.

Thank you!!

EldonAve Tue 28-Jul-09 21:18:30

It doesn't matter when they do the postnatal check
If you are not happy and uncomfy go see your GP - that's what they are there for

lilacpink Tue 28-Jul-09 21:22:46

If paracetamol helps I would think it could be bruising. I had episiotomy and ventouse though, and think mine had settled after around 4-5 weeks, but I was completely dilated so just needed a final 'pull' to help.

Have you still got a Midwife contact number? - I would try them as GPs may not have much experience of this problem, but a MW may be able to answer quickly.

SingingBear Tue 28-Jul-09 21:30:29

Message withdrawn

DawnAS Wed 29-Jul-09 13:50:58

Thankyou all for your responses!

SingingBear, thank you so much - I'm glad that I'm not going mad!! Also gladthat you've recovered now!

Mine has definitely eased since I had DD, on long walks it's at it's worst. Also when i turn over in bed for some reason!!

I can cope so I assume that mine isn't quite as bad as yours was, but thank you so much, again!!

SingingBear Wed 29-Jul-09 14:56:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now