Talk

Advanced search

Homebirth in Finistere France?

(4 Posts)
muminfinistere Mon 27-Jul-09 21:34:19

Hi,

Does anyone know of any sage-femmes liberales who do homebirths in Finistere (29) France or where I could find one?
I am 10 weeks pregnant with number 2 and after a wonderful (although long!) homebirth in the UK with my first I really hoped I might be able to repeat the experience now I live in France.
So far I am really struggling to find an answer.

I live on the Presqu-ile de Crozon and the only midwife in Finistere I can find is too far away. (3hours). Anyone with any ideas or thoughts? Any inspiration would be VERY appreciated as I am not keen on the idea of a hospital birth as my research makes it sound like i might be shaven, in stirrups, have a seriously encouraged epidural and stay in for 5 days at the least! I know that some people have no problem with this and I certainly wouldn't knock it but it's just not for me.

Thanks in advance
Becs

Claire2009 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:54:39

Hi Becs, I had my Dd & Ds in Quimper, Finistere. I can't help with regards to homebirth, have you spoken with you're doctor about it? I know they're not very keen on homebirths there, how close to the hospital are you?

I lived in Chateauneuf Du Faou (29) and the hospital was 45-1hr drive away.

Best of Luck with it all!

pebblebeach Tue 28-Jul-09 12:19:23

Hi Becs... I'm not going to be much help I'm afraid, but just wanted to say I'm doing the same thing but in Ile de France so a bit easier to find sage-femmes.

I guess you already tried google.fr with accouchement à domicile, etc. There is also the SF liberale association they have a list of all memebers...

pebblebeach Tue 28-Jul-09 12:21:15

also posting on the "living overseas" board might get more help..
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now