Talk

Advanced search

Beginnings of labour - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
SevernTrentWater Sun 26-Jul-09 23:11:11

Anyone got any clues if this is normal?
I've been having contractions (really terrible back pain that comes and goes and a feeling like i need to push) since 3am, getting a bit more intense but not close together or regular, nothing major at all and gone quiet again now, and my bump has gone odd, i've got this pouch sticking out over my pelvic area, then a dip, then the main bump which is still really high, as if i'd ben wearing trousers much too tightly, but this pouchso it's s, it feels puffy and swollen, also, my left leg, the whole leg has swollen up including the thigh. I'm worried about this 'pouch' well, it's like a little bump, my partner jokingly said it's the babies head but it feels like a knot of muscle to me, Worried.

SevernTrentWater Sun 26-Jul-09 23:12:45

sorry i forgot to edit, lol.

RedLollyYellowLolly Sun 26-Jul-09 23:16:20

Sorry, no idea about the "pouch" but I'd suggest that the swelling should be looked at fiarly promptly. I don't mean to panic you in the least (and all sort of weird things happen during labour!) but it can't hurt to get checked out and they'll soon send you home again if it's nothing and you aren't far enough progressed so don't worry about going in too early.

Have you spoken to the labour ward? I'm assuming you are full term?

Good luck smile

RedLollyYellowLolly Sun 26-Jul-09 23:17:22

oops fairly promptly. I changed from ASAP as I didn't want to sound too alarmist - and clearly forgot to preview!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now