Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

question about speed of birth

(6 Posts)
tostaky Sun 26-Jul-09 13:42:35

Say, you've had an emergency c-scetion 1st time around and you didnt go further than 8cm dilated.
If i manage to have a successful vbac, will i be able to have a pseedy labour too (as it is common with subsquent babies) or not because i didnt go further than 8cm?

belgo Sun 26-Jul-09 13:48:38

Do you know why you didn't dilate further then 8cm?

It all depends on that, but second labours are not always fast.

Caro1302 Sun 26-Jul-09 13:50:33

I reached 8cm last time too. My GP said there'd be some increased elasticity there due to stretching to 8cm and that should make a difference with speed.

tostaky Mon 27-Jul-09 07:57:27

i didnt have the time to dilate further as i needed a emcs.

thanks caro there is hope then!!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 27-Jul-09 08:06:19

My first birth was the same as yours. My second was a VBAC at home in water, and was about 4 hours from start to finish with about 30 mins max for the second stage. It all happened A LOT quicker than me or the MW expected.

The MW had said to be prepared for a long second stage ie much the same as a first birth would be like.

The MW arrived with 15 minutes to spare grin

threeplusone Mon 27-Jul-09 12:23:48

I had a csection with DD at 36weeks, no dilation at all as elective section.
Then gone on to have two VBACS..
With DS1 he was back to back took my hours to get to 3cm, then I went from 3-10cms in 20mins or so and oushed for 5mins 3 oushes and out he came delivered the head and body together.

DS2.. also back to back took a few hours to get to 3cms them 3-10cms in 10-15mins.. pushed for 2mins 2pushes and out came ds2 again head and body delivereed together..
Bith boys landed in between the mws arms as they were ready to guide the head.

Waiting to see what happens with number 4.. hoping to go fast again..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now