Talk

Advanced search

I can't reach my cervix. Any tips?

(10 Posts)
justlookatthatbooty Tue 21-Jul-09 14:36:57

Been instructed to insert Borage Oil each night but I can't reach my cervix. Even if I use a tampon to push the gels up it seems that they never reach the end. blush How the hell do people reach their cervix with their finger?

specialmagiclady Tue 21-Jul-09 14:38:33

I think you have to get a few extra vertebrae to do that. Stick in on a tampon and put your legs and hips up for an hour or so, let gravity do it.

Oh, and WTF has someone got you doing that?

justlookatthatbooty Tue 21-Jul-09 15:18:23

Thanks SpecialMagic!

Just don't understand these stories of women checking how dilated they are themselves when i can't even seem to get half way up....extra vertebrae indeed! The borage oil is a stronger version of Eve Primrose for ripening the cervix. Am preparing for VBAC so ripening is important in my case!

LynetteScavo Tue 21-Jul-09 15:21:04

You need longer fingers - get your dp/dh to do it! grin

Can't you jsut pour it in and lie with your legs in the air?

specialmagiclady Tue 21-Jul-09 15:26:35

I found reflexology v good for ripening. Or at least checking up on my ripeness.

justlookatthatbooty Tue 21-Jul-09 15:33:34

ooh yes reflexology, that's good to know. (goes off to look for one)

Lynette DH also cannot feel my cervix! Beginning to wonder if it's an endless long dark tunnel up there....!

LionstarBigPants Tue 21-Jul-09 15:42:04

Maybe not easy at your stage, but have you tried squatting - that will bring your cervix closer the the main entrance!

justlookatthatbooty Tue 21-Jul-09 15:45:14

Hi Lionstar...
Squatting is easy for me, but the endlessness doesn't get any shorter! having to laugh at the ridiculousness of this now!

DarrellRivers Tue 21-Jul-09 15:47:01

Try lying down and putting cushion under your bottom
Some women do have longer vaginas than others and also some have a posterior cervix

justlookatthatbooty Tue 21-Jul-09 15:49:24

OK, will do Darrel. Think I would find it hard to do it myself in this position, presumably you mean with help of DH? I'm supposed to do it a couple of times in the night too! Sure DH will be thrilled. Ha! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now