Talk

Advanced search

PFB-mother expecting PSB any day now... Would appreciate your tips!!

(4 Posts)
Haribosmummy Mon 20-Jul-09 21:23:00

PFB (DS) is only 13 months old. No.2 is due anyday now really.

Any top tips on howto get through the first few weeks and make it as easy as possible for the new baby, DS and me would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, any items you found really useful in the early days!?

I have a P&T double buggy so hopefully we'll be able to get out and about!! Should I try DS in the 'front' seat before the new baby is here?

Sorry if this is all a bit too-PFB blush

PacificDogwood Mon 20-Jul-09 21:31:47

Congratulations and good luck for the impending delivery smile!

My DSs 1 and 2 were 12 months (and the all important 10 days wink) apart, and I found a sling or some kind of baby-wearing thingimajig invaluable. I very much felt that I had 2 babies, a big one and a (in my case very) little one (DS2 was born at 31 weeks). DS1 still wanted to be carried a lot and having hands free was really important at times. I felt lucky that DS1 was walking by the time DS2 came out of hospital; it made for instance getting all of us out of the car much easier.

You will muddle through, you will! I did at times wonder whether twins would have been easier or harder to look after hmm... They are now aged 5 and 6 great playmates to each other and only try to kill each other very rarely.

Sorry, I'll stop waffling, in conclusion my advice would be to get a ring sling for tiny baby and ERGO baby carrier for later.

Haribosmummy Mon 20-Jul-09 21:46:08

Thankyou!

I have the Baby Bjorn carrier I had with DS, but I know that DS (who is very mobile and pretty much walking on his own now) will want to be carried a lot.

But, DS doesn't really feel like a toddler yet.. he is still a baby, IYSWIM... Plus, he isn't really speaking and gets frustrated when he doesn't get what he wants (or is that just males!!???!! grin)

Loopymumsy Mon 20-Jul-09 22:03:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now