Talk

Advanced search

Sweep????

(11 Posts)
dabihp Fri 20-May-05 16:48:48

ANYONE HAD ONE? hOW LONG TILL LABOUR STARTED? wHAT WAS IT LIKE???

charleepeters Fri 20-May-05 16:52:00

I had one when before i was induced so cant tell you how long after labour starts but i can tell you waht it feels like i think it depends on the person that does it mine didnt hurt but was uncombortable much like an internal but i know some women who says its a little painfull but it doesnt last that long its just them moving the membranes from the sack of fluid around the baby so it hopefully gets things moving btu i honestly didnt think it was to bad x

Milliways Fri 20-May-05 17:18:10

I had one at one week overdue. Didn't hurt at all. Had a show that night and a false alarm next day. Then had one or two sharp contactions a day until 13 days overdue when DS (9lb 6oz) arrived in a great hurry - just over an hour & only one push required!!!!!

dabihp Fri 20-May-05 17:31:33

Did u bleed after it?

Tinker Fri 20-May-05 17:34:55

Had one last time and another this morning! Bled a lot for fisrt baby and she was born about 12 hours later. Have bled a little this time, not as much. Hurt first time, didn't feel a thing this time.

Milliways Fri 20-May-05 17:43:54

No, didn't bleed, but did get a show within 12 hours!

Blondeinlondon Fri 20-May-05 18:54:06

Yep, really painful for me, felt bruised afterwards and v upset. Didn't help start labour as I wasn't dilated at all. When they offered a 2nd one a few days later I declined.

LGJ Fri 20-May-05 18:54:55

Do you really want to know

janeybops Fri 20-May-05 18:57:19

Had one with ds at 3 days late. Uncomfortable is the word I would use to describe it. No bleeding but no baby either. Mine didn't work. Born 12 days late.

CrazyDi Fri 20-May-05 19:24:00

I had sweeps with my first and second and they didn't do a thing except cause alot of uncomfort and a bit of bleeding! I declined one this time with my son!!

I wasnt ready at all though and have been induced everytime, so I guess it all depends on the individual and if baby is ready to make an appearance...Im sure mine would have stayed put till they were 18 if we had let them!!

Alot of women have found them great and not bad at all..depends how eager you are to get things going!!

rebeccabits Fri 20-May-05 19:29:35

i`ve got one next week im only 37 weeks but baby is showing up at 46 so they are hoping to fool the cervix, im a little aprehensive as i thought they were only used if you were overdue, and thoughts anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now