Talk

Advanced search

packing hospital bag. do i need to take a hat for the baby,

(10 Posts)
pud1 Sat 18-Jul-09 13:09:10

cant remember if i took one for dd1. i thought they should not wear hats indoors

mosschops30 Sat 18-Jul-09 13:12:22

will you not be taking baby outside though to come home?
You lose a lot of heat through the head, best to take one, I did but mine born in winter

thedolly Sat 18-Jul-09 13:13:09

yes definitely

Isitmeor Sat 18-Jul-09 13:15:58

Well if my hospital bagS were anything to go on, one teeny weeny little baby hat isn't going to make any difference - so yes, I'd say pop one in.

Of course, you may have figured out better than me just which of the vast array of things you might need in labour you are actually going to use smile.

Astrophe Sat 18-Jul-09 13:18:49

I think take one for coming home, and also some (otherwise healthy) babies need a humidicrib and then a hat for a bit of extra warmth for a day or so, whilst they adjust to being out.

nickschick Sat 18-Jul-09 13:22:06

I took one in for each child after mil insisted they wouldnt allow a bare headed baby home hmm.

Ds1 was a huge baby and the tiny newborn baby hat wouldnt fit - dh said hed sort it....

ds1 came home wearing a baby baseball hat.

if they need one in hospital they use that bandage stuff but i took those little skull caps with a knot in the top cos i thought they were cuter!!!

Astrophe Sat 18-Jul-09 13:26:09

I like those knotted ones too

I will certainly be taking one (packed!) as it matches the sweet Polarn O. Pyret suit I have bought for bub. I can't wait! (plus it is winter here)

nickschick Sat 18-Jul-09 13:37:33

They make babies look like little wee willie winkies ....ohhh i lurvvvveee new babies envy.

Mamulik Sun 19-Jul-09 15:22:34

yes, better if you have one

Tiredmumno1 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:10:04

Our hospital asked for the hat straight away, it was the cutest winnie the pooh hat, which they lost, but then found again :-D so i suggest u put one in, at least its there if they ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now