Talk

Advanced search

If you took rasberry tl and had a quick 1st labour, did you take it with the 2nd??

(5 Posts)
laurawantsababy Fri 17-Jul-09 19:56:50

With dd my labour was timed as 2 hours (although I had had stupidly mild contractions for 6 hours before that). I took rasberry tea leaf tablets from 36 weeks.

I want to take them this time as I dont want to risk a long labour. Am I mad? Will my labour be faster?

Reesie Fri 17-Jul-09 21:06:00

Your labour will uaually be faster the second time around. Your body seems to be able to do labour quickly and efficiently on it's own - I don't think you need rasberry leaf tea!

ninamag Fri 17-Jul-09 21:54:24

I took rasberry leaf with my first three births. 1st birth from first pain to last- 2 1/2 hours, 2nd birth @2 hours, 3rd @1 hour. I was too nervous with my fourth and ending up with my longest at 4 hours. So I would say take them but be prepared for a quick birth.

readyfornumber2and3 Sat 18-Jul-09 11:58:17

I had a 3 hour labour with my 1st and started taking it at 32 weeks this time (now 34 weeks) the quicker the better for me lol

laurawantsababy Mon 20-Jul-09 20:21:01

Thanks all, I will defo take it again this time and make sure we are quick leaving for hospital smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now