Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of my 'labour' so far?

(10 Posts)
hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 09:13:48

I am 41 plus 2 today and due for a sweep tomorrow and again Sunday and Monday followed by drug induction in hospital Tuesday.

Last night I slept on sofa due to falling asleep with pains at 11pm and then waking at about 3am with significant pain and being afraid to move. At 4am I forced myself up and into bath where I continued to have constant period and back type pain plus 10 min mild to painful contractions. I was also shivery, cold feet (classic labour symptom for me) and nauseous.

All has tailed off since 7am this morning and I have just done school run and only experienced one cx. What do you think? Is it happening?

Is 4th baby. Not sure whether to go for sweep as I don't really want one.

Jenski Fri 17-Jul-09 09:17:01

Sounds promising. Maybe try going for a walk, climbing stairs?
Have you spoken to your midwife? Are you still shivery - have you taken your temperature?
Sorry, not much help I know, but hopefully it will happen without any sweeps or induction.

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 17-Jul-09 09:18:04

sounds like you are going to beat them to it.

don't have the sweep if you don't want it. If you are in latent labour there wouldn't be much point anyway.

good luck. and v exciting.

hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 09:22:03

Thanks both. I hope it will happen after midnight tonight so DS's birthday is out of the way (he's 8 today).

I have to bake a cake today and do last bits of tidying up, etc. plus lunch with a friend but am feeling the lack of sleep so will doze this morning for a couple of hours I think then get stair marching, etc.!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 17-Jul-09 09:25:20

It sounds like it's happening, just slowly.

It probably tailed off as you had to do the school run. If you are on your own take the time to relax and connect with your baby. Maybe some nipple tweaking to get some hormones going, or if you husband is about some pokey-cervix-bashing-sex grin

Don't have a sweep if you don't want one.

Good luck smile

Jenski Fri 17-Jul-09 09:25:46

If you make any more plans today, it will definitely happen grin!

norksinmywaistband Fri 17-Jul-09 09:25:56

Its bound to happen today then, just because it would be inconvienent grin

blinder Fri 17-Jul-09 16:36:57

any news? smile

hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 17:16:22

Hiya

Only the vaguest sense of crampyness all day. Fell asleep til 12 noon, so cake making has to be postponed til tomorrow. Had lunch, took doughnuts to school for DS and his mates in a mad hurry an dam now back slobbing.

Am hoping for a repeat of last night which results in soemthing more exciting. DP has his children at his tonight but is only 2 mins walk away if I need him. Would be like having large audience with 5 children watching but hey ho!

whocaresaboutyourintellect Mon 20-Jul-09 15:31:31

This happened with my 3rd and I was so convinced I was in labour I was straight to the ward only for it to stop a few hours later. I still went on to be induced. They were def CX and not BH as the MW said. Turns out I had dialated but to just under 3cm so not established or anything and thats where it stayed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now