Talk

Advanced search

Help with birthplan anyone- Starlight?

(4 Posts)
Filofax Wed 15-Jul-09 14:08:41

Can anyone help me with the start of my birthplan. I had a difficult first delivery - 30 hour labour, back to back, baby's head not in a good position to progress dilatation so was on hormone drip, forceps delivery in theatre (and ready for a emcs if that failed) etc etc. Bearing this in mind I want an epidural asap in case of a repeat performance. How can I word it without wanting mw to convert me into the natural is best, it won't necessarily be the same this time school of thought. xx

LuluMaman Wed 15-Jul-09 14:24:50

in your position, i would actually try to avoid an epidural, especially if the baby is in a not too great position. being able to move and work with your body can be really beneficial in moving the baby into a better position

however, if you do wish to have an epidural, then you can put it in your birth plan, same as a request for pethidine or gas & air or a birth pool

simply write

"i would like an epidural for pain relief, and I would like one administered as soon as labour is established"

if the MW tries to convince you otherwise, assure her you have made an informed decision to request an epidural as pain relief

there might be a wait depending on how busy the aneasthatist is

also second labours can be much much quciker and there might not be time, so have a back up plan just in case

Loopymumsy Wed 15-Jul-09 17:02:03

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 17-Jul-09 01:06:49

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now