Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you've had 3 (or more) C-sections can you tell me how it was for you?

(8 Posts)
SpudtheScarecrow Mon 13-Jul-09 16:25:15

I have pretty much decided that I'd like to try for DC3 but have replaced worrying about whether or not to try with worrying about whether I'm being stupid/selfish to consider having a third CS. I had an emergency on with DS1 and a reluctant elective with DS2 after hoping for a VBAC.

I recovered really well after both and don't seem to have any lasting problems. They didn't seem too concerned with any scar tissue or anything after DS2.

I'd be really grateful if you could tell me about your experiences of the birth and recovery and also if you've any links to good information. I can only find general stuff on CSs not anything on increased risks after 2.

If anyone managed VBA2C that'd be great to hear about too.

Thanks grin

OonaghBhuna Mon 13-Jul-09 16:45:08

Will let you know after tomorrow( it will be my 3rd!)Like you one emergency, one elective.

McDreamy Mon 13-Jul-09 16:47:12

Sorry no VBA2C but a really good recovery third time around earlier this year smile

SpudtheScarecrow Mon 13-Jul-09 16:49:20

oooh, how exciting. Good luck!

Can I ask what kind of reaction you've had from people (health professionals I mean, not in the street!) during your pregnancy? Is it generally thought of as OK to be having a 3CS or is it seen as very high risk? Sorry to be nosy - probably the last thing you feel like doing at the mo is answering questions!

OonaghBhuna Mon 13-Jul-09 18:29:13

Actually I dont think people have perceived it to be high risk. I think its quite common now to have more than one c section. My aunt had 3 sections with her first being nearly 40years ago! It would have been more of a risk back then.

SpudtheScarecrow Mon 13-Jul-09 18:47:01

Thanks Oonagh, hope all goes well tomorrow. smile

traceybath Mon 13-Jul-09 20:28:23

I'm having my 3rd c-section next thursday and like you was/am a bit concerned.

However my consultant said although there are more risks than with my first and it could be more tricky because they'll be going in through scar tissue rather than 'virgin' tissue - it should still be ok.

Also means that i get a consultant do the op as its regarded by them as being potentially riskier.

Good luck Oonagh.

diddle Mon 13-Jul-09 22:07:28

I had my 3rd csection 3 months ago. My first 3 years ago was classed as elective as i failed induction, so was taken down for a section. My 2nd 21 months ago was an emergency, went into labour and got to 7 centimetres then baby went into distress so off to the theatre again.
When i got pregnant with my 3rd, i was told that it was safer for me to have a section than try for vbac due to the closeness in my previous csections. All were fine, my emergency section took a bit longer to recover from thats all.

i struggled to find info when i was pregnant with my 3rd and peoples experiencs on here helped me a great deal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now