Talk

Advanced search

The big knickers everyone talks about

(8 Posts)
ChocFudgeCake Sun 12-Jul-09 22:07:40

I'm going to have a c-section and I've read that I really need to buy big knickers up to the waist. Makes sense! But how long do I need to wear them for? Do I need to buy them in my size too? Or by the time I go back to my size I can wear my normal high leg knickers? Thanks

PinkyRed Sun 12-Jul-09 22:10:58

I had a cs 10 weeks ago and still find my normal pants a bit uncomfortable, so am still wearing my enormous belly warmers.

Meglet Sun 12-Jul-09 23:46:47

For my second (and planned) cs I got some of the huge mesh washable hospital pants from the jojomaman bebe catalogue, they are the same as what you'll be given to wear after the op. Then I got some huge Primark light control pants, pack of two one black one tan. I was so comfy in them. Even though I was off paracetamol after just over a week recovered really well I did wear big pants for weeks as clothes rubbing on the scar made it sore.

LackaDAISYcal Sun 12-Jul-09 23:51:11

I wore big waisted pants for a good few weeks after my two CSs

I found that high leg knickers were at just the right height to rub on the scar where it was sensitive, even though it had healed well.

So, my advice would be to wear them as long as you feel comfortable doing so.

nessus Sun 12-Jul-09 23:53:39

Not sexy but after DD I wore my big knickers for a long while...loathe to admit how long exactly blush

In my defence, I was single!

OonaghBhuna Mon 13-Jul-09 09:36:14

I wear DH boxers, very comfortable and work perfectly.

ChocFudgeCake Tue 14-Jul-09 21:19:33

Thanks. I'll stick to them then. I'll be a new woman, ha. I showed DH the huge flowery ones I bought for when I come home (for hospital I have the disposable ones)and he slowly said "Well...they are... feminine"

BunnyLebowski Wed 15-Jul-09 10:39:32

I didn't have a section but I needed big pants for the usual lochia/maternity pad/haemorhoidd issues blush

Got some great cotton ones in primark in mahoosive sizes and nessus you're not alone - I still wear some of the leftover ones blush. And I'm not single blush

Proper apple catchers they are smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now