Talk

Advanced search

I'm over the moon i got my VBAC

(6 Posts)
pandagirl03 Fri 10-Jul-09 22:13:40

Well my ds arrived 26th June at 1.48am and i delivered him myself. Was touch and go but i got my VBAC. grin

Went to see midwife thursday afternoon she gave me a sweep at 2.30pm and said i was 2cm dialated. By 6.30pm contractions started but irregular, dh was at work on nights so my step mum came over. I carried on doing housework and walking around the garden. By 9pm contractions were coming every 3 mins so decided i better go in to be checked, rang delivery they said for me to come straight in. Sorted childcare for dd etc and got to hospital at 10pm. They put me on the monitor and noticed that ds's heartbeat was dropping with every contraction this was not good at all. After 30 mins of monitoring she checked me and said i was only 3cm dilated but couldn't send me home because babys heartbeat was dropping with contractions. Another 30 mins of monitoring followed by the consultant seeing me and looking at results from monitor, they decided to break my waters and place a monitor on babys head this all got done at 11.30pm. by 12.30am the pains started getting stronger so i asked for something to take the edge off it, they gave me pethadine. Dh had arrived at this point too. All was going along then bang the pain was alot worse so i asked for epidural, they came with it quickly and was explaining everything to me. Then suddenly i said i needed to push, midwife said no you cant, had a look and said oh yes she does. Epidural was abandoned and i started to push was pushing for about 20/30 mins ds kept coming out the going back in again. I eventually pushed out my beautifull son at 1.48am. He had the cord around his neck so was blue and had a bit of oxygen but he was good and weighed 6lb 12oz.

I was really scared about having a VBAC but oh my god i would do that again anyday rather than a c section. recovery is so much quicker and a few days after his birth i was feeling great and driving. My advice is if you get the option for a VBAC please try it. grin

PacificDogwood Fri 10-Jul-09 22:16:19

Well done, Panda, congratulations! And welcome to Baby Panda smile.

VBACs rock!!

Dlamis Fri 10-Jul-09 22:21:10

"I was really scared about having a VBAC but oh my god i would do that again anyday rather than a c section."

Exactly what i thought after my VBAC. Glad you got your vbac.

Congratulations

justlookatthatbooty Sat 11-Jul-09 18:03:01

Hi PandaGirl

ABsolutely fantastic news. So please for you. I'm 38 weeks and preparing for a VBAC so your story has given me inspirations and additional hope. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the high and your new DC.

pandagirl03 Sat 11-Jul-09 23:56:39

justlookatthatbooty please try a VBAC i read storys on here before i had mine but was still a bit scared and nervous because it was the unknown to me i had a planned c section with dd because she was breech.

But seriously my VBAC was the best experience i had, i wont lie yes i had pain, but now i cant remember the pain. With my c section 2 weeks after i was still very ill and in pain.

I'm great now and on wednesday we even took my dd to a farm park there was no way i could of done that after i had my c section.

Good luck. smile

hellymelly Sun 12-Jul-09 00:05:01

Oh well done that is great!Congratulations! I tried for a vbac but ended up with another section due to concerns about my scar,but I was so glad I had tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now