I can't decide what to do...ds is at nursery, dh is at work. I'm 41+4 i.e. well overdue and expecting / hoping for labour any time.
After a sweep yesterday pm I had a show this morning and have had backache pretty much all day as well as niggling contractions which now seem to be coming about every 10 mins but are not v. painful.
I can't decide whether this is it or a false alarm - I was convinced everything was kicking off on Saturday then it fizzled out. I don't want to drag dh home from work for nothing (although it will prob take him the best part of an hour to get here) and if I ask my mum to fetch ds from nursery and then nothing happens he's going to be even more confused than he is already as he knows he's going to grandma's when mummy has the baby.
Should I hold off a bit and see? If they don't get any more painful should I be ok to drive to pick ds up?
I wish it would just go one way or t'other...give up or get going...
It was it! Gorgeous baby Joseph was born at 11.25pm on Thursday...we were perhaps slightly too laid back as I was fully dilated by the time we arrived....not a car journey I'd hurry to repeat. It's a little odd looking on here and seeing I was still posting 4 hours before he was born!