Talk

Advanced search

what shall I do now?

(21 Posts)
rachels103 Thu 09-Jul-09 15:43:57

I can't decide what to do...ds is at nursery, dh is at work. I'm 41+4 i.e. well overdue and expecting / hoping for labour any time.

After a sweep yesterday pm I had a show this morning and have had backache pretty much all day as well as niggling contractions which now seem to be coming about every 10 mins but are not v. painful.

I can't decide whether this is it or a false alarm - I was convinced everything was kicking off on Saturday then it fizzled out. I don't want to drag dh home from work for nothing (although it will prob take him the best part of an hour to get here) and if I ask my mum to fetch ds from nursery and then nothing happens he's going to be even more confused than he is already as he knows he's going to grandma's when mummy has the baby.

Should I hold off a bit and see? If they don't get any more painful should I be ok to drive to pick ds up?

I wish it would just go one way or t'other...give up or get going...

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 09-Jul-09 15:45:51

Sit tight for a bit.

Watch some telly and have a snack.

Book a hair appointment for tomorrow.

That should set off baby coming.

ilovetochat Thu 09-Jul-09 15:46:39

i would tell your dh whats happening but not to come instantly and ask your mom to pick up ds anyway so you can stay home. then if labour kicks in your mom can keep ds, if not bring him home.

LynetteScavo Thu 09-Jul-09 15:47:03

I wouldn't drive.

Is it a big deal for your DH to come home from work early?

lilymolly Thu 09-Jul-09 15:48:16

hold off, have a bath. after 2 sweeps and tightnenings for 24 hours, i did not go into labour. was eventually induced at 42 weeks grin

slushy06 Thu 09-Jul-09 15:48:37

I would personally wait as I have been having regular cc and back ache for two weeks on and off and it has been false.

But I might get your mum on standby and give dp a little warning but tell him to wait and see what happens.

Hope it is the real deal.

LynetteScavo Thu 09-Jul-09 15:49:28

A bath will slow things down before you're 5cn dilated.

rachels103 Thu 09-Jul-09 15:51:28

Definitely don't want to slow things down!

rachels103 Thu 09-Jul-09 16:14:29

Have phoned dh who doesn't want me to drive to pick ds up so I'm going to phone mum I think. She can keep me company til dh gets home.
Fingers crossed...

nigglewiggle Thu 09-Jul-09 16:16:54

Good luck. Never heard that a bath slows things down.

Hope it all kicks off as soon as DH gets back.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 09-Jul-09 16:27:01

Ooooh how exciting - good luck. What time would DH be coming home if you were not in labour? Is this much earlier? how long is the drive to the hospital?

I think that is sensible, mother to get to bring DS home and then she can take him once you know what is going on if this is indeed the real thing.

rachels103 Thu 09-Jul-09 16:32:42

Dh would normally be home about quarter to 7 but is leaving a bit earlier so should be home just after 6, unless I call him to say come sooner.

The hospital is about 45 mins away, well, as long I don't wimp out of 1st choice midwife led unit and go to general hospital 20 mins away... smile

I really hope this is it...I'm booked in for an induction on Sunday night and this is exactly what happened with ds - my babies only seem to come when threatened with induction!

nigglewiggle Thu 09-Jul-09 17:53:01

Any progress?

rachels103 Thu 09-Jul-09 18:59:42

Looks like this might be it....ds dispatched to grandma's, v excited at prospect of sleepover and new baby...I hope not to disappoint him!

nigglewiggle Thu 09-Jul-09 19:15:59

Keep us posted...... grin

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 09-Jul-09 19:22:21

Message withdrawn

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 10-Jul-09 08:17:23

Good luck

Hope all goes well.

rachels103 Mon 13-Jul-09 22:08:06

It was it! Gorgeous baby Joseph was born at 11.25pm on Thursday...we were perhaps slightly too laid back as I was fully dilated by the time we arrived....not a car journey I'd hurry to repeat. It's a little odd looking on here and seeing I was still posting 4 hours before he was born!

5inthebed Mon 13-Jul-09 22:12:13

Congratulations! And well done for managing it all at home.

diddle Mon 13-Jul-09 22:22:06

oh thats wonderful, congrats Rach. lovely name, my 3rd DS is Joseph too, love it. well done you for doing so well at almost fully dilated.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 14-Jul-09 08:14:20

Well done!

I love the name.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now