Talk

Advanced search

Looking back, did you have any signs that labour was approaching?

(7 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Thu 09-Jul-09 15:12:11

I am 37+6 and itching to meet my DC2! I can't remember much from last time and my contractions started during the night so was asleep beforehand but I'm wondering if there are any tell tale signs that labour is approaching? Or am I just clutching at straws?!

Did you notice any really early labour signs at all????

RoseBlossoms Thu 09-Jul-09 15:17:32

Backache!

namechangerforareason Thu 09-Jul-09 15:19:33

Just a really sore back walking around Tesco, but TBH this wasnt that unusual as I had SPD and was walking with crutches. Just a different type of backache!

Knew for definate when I was awoken at 1 am with a very big contraction!

audreyraines Thu 09-Jul-09 16:01:19

I went crazy doing all sorts of last minute shopping and stuff before I went into labour that night. A friend swears that her urge to scrub the kitchen floor is a sign that labour is not far off!

LucyMinter Thu 09-Jul-09 16:16:11

Hmm not really either time - with ds1 I was walking (slowly, painfully) through town a few days before and started to cry at the salvation army band blush which was odd as I realised later they had been playing outside the hospital window when my mother had me. (not the same lot, obv) grin

then immediately before my waters went I had a sudden need to use the toilet.

Second time nothing at all - sitting on the sofa one morning, had a small pain and thought it was wind. Then it went away then another a few minutes later...brain started to compute. He was there within 3 and a half hours smile

SpangleMaker Thu 09-Jul-09 22:24:08

DS arrived at 35+3 after waters went 35+2, so a bit of a surprise, so since thought back whether there were any warning signs. Had a little bit of show 3 days before, but just thought it was a late pregnancy thing. Also -ahem- cleared out my system (but thought it was all the grapefruit juice I was craving at the time) and DS went quiet. Absolutely no pains, twinges etc until I actually went into labour. Didn't even have a clue his head was engaged.

BikeRunSki Thu 09-Jul-09 22:29:45

DS arrived at 37+4. I was in an uncharacteristically bad mood all day, then it all kiced off at 11.30 pm. Also, think I had mild contractions, but just thought it was backache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now