Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

natural childbirth after 3 c sections?

(4 Posts)
Twiggyswife Tue 07-Jul-09 10:44:19

I have 4 children, the last 3 have all been c sections because my first was a shoulder dystocia and i had to go to theatre to be repaired after a 3rd degree tear. I have just found out im pregnant again and so desperately want a natural delivery. I have read so much and its all very confusing, some say no way but ive read where others have had natural deliverys and they have been fine. Does any1 know actual percentages of a scar rupture. im going to the hospital next week and want to go with all my facts before they try to talk me in to anything. Thanks.

motherdoula Tue 07-Jul-09 14:14:02

Have you read Stand and Deliver by Emma Mahony.
There are some wonderful positive stories in there.
Percentage of scar rupture is 1 in 200

Am I allowed is a great book also Birth after Caesarian by Jenny Leslie and Your Birth Rights by Pat Thomas.

Do not be talked into anything you don't want-you are the mother, its your baby.

Picante Tue 07-Jul-09 14:16:10

My friend had a VBAC after 3 c-sections. I can put you in touch with her if you like she is very enthusiastic about it!

Twiggyswife Wed 08-Jul-09 13:21:10

Thanks guys, ill read those books and picante if you could put me in touch with ur friend that would be great. when i was pregnant with my last child the doctors tried to talk me in2 being sterilised as they only like doin 3 sections, i was absolutely devastated and so this time i want all my facts straight and if pos lots of information bout how others have got on after 3 sections.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now