Advanced search

Those who have had a scheduled/planned CS at term, what weeks+days were you booked for?

(25 Posts)
LeninGrad Sun 05-Jul-09 22:24:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tracedw Sun 05-Jul-09 23:48:58

Hi, i,ve had 3 cs,1 emergency at 42 wks, and 2 planned at 39 wks. Both cs were at 39 wks, not a day more or less,one at UCH in London,the other in Ipswich. All my cs were done because of big baby/small pelvis probs. I am very suprised to hear that want to do yours later than 39wks,i had my last cs booked in at my 16 wk antinatal appt. In my experience, if you have a planned cs and you go into labour early,they should just take you straight to theatre, no messing about. Good luck and dont stress.

AtheneNoctua Mon 06-Jul-09 00:02:27

I had the same fear and argued successfully to get it at 38 +5. I got all kinds of flack about breathing problems etc. But I live quite far from the hospital was not prepared to accept the possiblitity of being transported to the local (shit!) hospital. So i agreed 39 weeks exactly. Accepot by the time they would book it guess what? That day was booked up. So they wanted to do it late. And I said , nope should have booked me in when I asked you to. After lots of faffing about I got my booking at 38 +5.

And I too had this fear in the back of my mind that if I went into labour (which thankfully I didn't) that they woulb make me try for a VBAC.

The standard text book rule is 39 weeks. Do you have any circumstances that you feel would warrant an earlier doeivery? For exampleI felt the risk of ending up at local shit hospital were much worse that my 2-3 days earlier on the scedule.

LeninGrad Mon 06-Jul-09 08:26:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Meglet Mon 06-Jul-09 21:58:56

39 weeks here. I did want it booked in a little sooner (ds had arrived safely at 37 weeks) but consultant said breathing difficulties were hugely reduced by waiting to 39 weeks, so I went with it.

Can't believe your hospital aren't happy to just book you in at 39 weeks so you can relax a bit.

McDreamy Mon 06-Jul-09 22:02:26

38+1 and 38+5 (but decided DD2 arrived on 38+1)

LeninGrad Mon 06-Jul-09 23:10:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChocFudgeCake Thu 09-Jul-09 22:08:29

I have been booked at exactly 40! Nearest date available. I have the feeling that baby won't wait...

LeninGrad Thu 09-Jul-09 22:18:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chynah Thu 09-Jul-09 23:31:11

I had an elective (maternal chice) which
I really had to battle for at 39+1 but they still insisted in putting in my notes that if I was in labour to "see how things went"!

LeninGrad Thu 09-Jul-09 23:38:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChocFudgeCake Sat 11-Jul-09 10:55:37

No no. I made it clear to the Dr that there wouldn´t be attempts to vaginal birth. She was fine with it... Don´t tell me it was a trick and they´ll leave me to it shock

eandh Sat 11-Jul-09 11:01:47

2 planned sections

dd1 (breech) at 39+3 (although strict instructions to go straight to hospital at any sign of labour)

dd2 (transverse and several bleeds through pregnancy) was scheduled for 39 but got bought forward to 38+4 as had another bleed and I was truly pissed off and fed up and consultant felt sorry for me smile

The hospital I went to only do planned sections on Tuesday afternoon and Friday mornings! (dd1 was a tuesday and dd2 was a friday)

eandh Sat 11-Jul-09 11:04:21

oh meant to say dd1 was booked in around 36 weeks when ECV failed (no choice about dates)

dd2 was booked in from my 16 week scan (I had to be very very persistant and actually spoke to consultant as the registrar wouldnt book it (she wanted me try VBAC I wanted elective and as it turned out I seem unable to have babies that face the right way)

LeninGrad Sat 11-Jul-09 23:13:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsMattie Sun 12-Jul-09 21:32:52

39+6 but in the end she was born at 38 wks on the nose!

squeaver Sun 12-Jul-09 21:35:24

Breech - 38 + something or other.

I went into labour the nigh before I was booked so the had to bring it forward by a few hours

idontbelieveit Sun 12-Jul-09 21:45:31

39 weeks for breech at Leeds General Infirmary

Claire2009 Sun 12-Jul-09 21:51:33

41+6 wks in Quimper, France. I wasn't allowed to be induced and no sign of labour commencing anytime soon!

Meglet Sun 12-Jul-09 22:01:41

leningrad I still can't believe they are being so reluctant to set a date angry.

LeninGrad Sun 12-Jul-09 23:19:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FagAshLil Sun 12-Jul-09 23:41:22

I had an elective at 39+3, Had an em (but not crash) the first time.
Consultant tried to talk me into vbac but I refused,i'd just moved 200 miles from all family and friends so would of been on my own while dp looked after ds.
I just stuck to my plan (el cs) took a fair few appointments though.
If I had gone into labour before my el cs date they would of had to do it as and em.
If you go into labour before the date they've given, you just go to hospital, as long as you're el cs in your notes they have to do it.
Good luck smile

Meglet Sun 12-Jul-09 23:50:12

grin at outsourcing childbirth.

jabberwocky Sun 12-Jul-09 23:52:03

acheduled for 38+3 but ds2 decided to come at 36 hmm

Obstetrician said anything after 38 weeks was fine with her.

LeninGrad Sun 12-Jul-09 23:54:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now