Talk

Advanced search

Had to argue for a CS date today, didn't expect such a struggle, is the tide turning?

(27 Posts)
LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 21:16:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 21:20:25

Meglet Mon 29-Jun-09 21:23:41

i get the impression it depends on the area /consultant. I don't blame you for wanting to have more control over the birth this time round.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 29-Jun-09 21:25:31

No, my hospital was VERY picky with me when I was planning to have my DD (breech position, plus pre eclampsia). She was born in 2005.

Sunshinemummy Mon 29-Jun-09 21:43:22

My hospital was wonderful with me. First DC born after failed induction, 55 hour labour and EMCS due to foetal distress.

They totally gave me the choice with DC2, after explaining pros and cons of both options, and I went ahead with the elective, which was brilliant.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Jun-09 21:49:29

Message withdrawn

fishie Mon 29-Jun-09 21:51:35

i suspect there is also an element of not giving women what they want. after all, who knows best...?

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 21:59:53

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 22:02:08

SazzlesA Mon 29-Jun-09 22:05:07

Message withdrawn

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 22:13:19

EachPeachPearMum Mon 29-Jun-09 22:22:59

Hi Lenin... cannot believe you are 35 weeks already shock

Is there a reason you're not happy to go up to 40 +10? (are you expecting low fluid levels this time too?)
How is your preparation for VBAC going? (can I be honest and say you don't sound particularly enamoured by the thought...?)

Mintyy Mon 29-Jun-09 22:23:45

Yes, there is a big push to reduce the number of c sections. I was allowed an elective at 39+2 after my previous crash caesarian. But then I didn't really say I would consider VBAC. I said, given the near catastrophe that I went through first time, I was too frightened of the same thing happening again and mentally I was in no fit state to attempt a vaginal birth. My very nice consultant agreed right away.

Whereas you, on the other hand, are happy to attempt VBAC and all you are really arguing about is the date of possible induction?

Anyway, I see you have your elective date. Good luck with it - I positively enjoyed mine! A thousand times better than the first time around smile.

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 23:06:40

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 23:12:07

LeninGrad Mon 29-Jun-09 23:18:08

EachPeachPearMum Tue 30-Jun-09 02:42:14

Ah I see... tbh if your heart isn't in it, then it is unlikely to happen. Is there a reason for the change of heart? You seemed so positive previously, has anything happened to change your mind? sad How well are you in general atm?
(This heat must be a killer...)

LeninGrad Tue 30-Jun-09 09:47:51

LeninGrad Tue 30-Jun-09 09:54:13

EachPeachPearMum Tue 30-Jun-09 12:50:44

It really does feel like a factory process, doesn't it? It is so impersonal, and they are always so busy and hassled, and one seems like such an inconvenience to them sad
I felt just the same, and my hospital is a women's hospital shock
Well, I know I said it previously on another thread, but my 2nd section was an entirely different experience- really the polar opposite of DD's birth- emotionally and psychologically... the recovery was quick too, and without all the guilt, disappointment, the stress, the 'what if?'s too...

You have to go with what you want, and what will make you most comfortable, whatever that may be.

Not long now though! smile (is it another DS, or a surprise?)

LeninGrad Tue 30-Jun-09 13:13:40

EachPeachPearMum Tue 30-Jun-09 22:07:42

grin I was not so secretly hoping for twins this time too... would love another child, but cannot do another pg... I hate it, and it hates me!

But, more seriously- we shouldn't be 'anonymous people' - we should be individuals. angry especially as we all have diifering physiology, family circumstances, past gyn histories etc.Statistics should have no bearing on treatment.
I was so pissed off with my community m/w from the outset- she never listened to a word I said- about my previous pg, my heart condition, medical history etc etc
She even referred me to a MH m/w even though I told her I hadn't had any problems for over a decade shock FFS...

I have to say my elcs was pretty robotic for them too. But at least this time, I knew what to expect, and was desperate to get home to dd for her b'day...

LeninGrad Wed 01-Jul-09 11:51:50

LeninGrad Wed 01-Jul-09 11:53:43

EachPeachPearMum Wed 01-Jul-09 18:52:27

I take it you're aware of the original?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now