Talk

Advanced search

Getting a copy of my birth notes??

(8 Posts)
AuntyJantyMinikyMoniky Wed 24-Jun-09 21:56:38

I've heard that this is possible, is it? Do I pay for them and how would I go about getting them??

TIA

choufleur Wed 24-Jun-09 21:57:42

i think you just need to request them from the hospital, in writing i guess. not sure if you have to pay though.

TreeTrunkThighs Thu 25-Jun-09 13:02:08

I had to write to the hospital with my full details, date and the event I wanted notes from with a cheque for £10 to cover the cost of them digging out my notes to see how long they were.

They then wrote back telling me how much it would cost for them to copy said notes and I had to send another cheque for about £40.

It probably depends on your hospital but give them a ring.

Tamlin Thu 25-Jun-09 18:06:39

I got quoted £70 over here, and as DH had just been made redundant, reluctantly decided against trying for a formal complaint.

It is ridiculous how much they charge you for your own notes.

CarGirl Thu 25-Jun-09 18:08:59

At my local hospital if you request a birth reflections with 30 days (I think) it's only about £15, more expensive if you request later on.

PolarMummy Thu 25-Jun-09 21:07:46

As well as requesting a copy of your notes you can also ask to review your notes at the hospital and I don't think this costs or shouldn't cost as much and may answer some of the questions you have

craftynclothy Thu 25-Jun-09 21:16:35

I asked to view my notes and to get photocopies of the bits I wanted. The records department arranged an appointment for me to view them and photocopied the ones I wanted while I was there.

They should have charged me for the photocopies but were too busy cooing over the baby...so we left sharpish blush

AuntyJantyMinikyMoniky Fri 26-Jun-09 10:38:08

Thanks for that, I'll get in touch with my hospital and see what they say. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now