Talk

Advanced search

TMI- Scar tissue

(7 Posts)
confusedfirsttimemum Mon 22-Jun-09 22:11:38

This is way, way TMI, but here I go...

I had a baby 9 weeks ago and needed an episiotomy (forceps). Although the stitches have healed well, there is a small lump of scar tissue where I was stitched. On the few occassions DH and I have had sex since DD was born, this has been uncomfortable and tight. I am sure that this will improve in time, but I wondered whether anyone had had a similar issue and whether there was anything I could do to help it along?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 22:15:47

My friend had quite a bad tear repaired and it took several years for the scar to flatten. Rubbing in bio oil can help apparently.

Am impressed you have returned to sex so soon though wink

confusedfirsttimemum Mon 22-Jun-09 22:20:55

ooh, Bio Oil. Hadn't thought of that. Was trying to think of something you could rub in such a delicate area!

When I said 'few', I did actually mean 'two', but I am still impressed with myself grin

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 22:23:50

So you should be. I didn't manage it till 9 months and conceived DS very quickly after than hmm

confusedfirsttimemum Mon 22-Jun-09 22:25:21

Ha ha. Yes, condoms were a challenge! Have been with DH for 10 years and on the pill, so we were both a bit teenage about the whole thing.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 22:28:30

Ha well you'll be laughing on the other side of your face when your scars break because you have giving birth only 11 months after the last time wink

confusedfirsttimemum Wed 24-Jun-09 10:48:24

Oooh, not a chance. I couldn't even contemplate doing this again for a couple of years. So annoying that you can't take the pill whilst breastfeeding. A year or so of condoms here I come...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now