Talk

Advanced search

OK, feeling a bit apprehensive... Please calm me down!

(7 Posts)
Haribosmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:13:04

I'm 33+5 PG with my second child...

SInce about 10am, I've been having 'tightenings' in my upper tummy (at the top of my bump) which last for approx. 1 minute and come every 15 minutes or so...

They haven't (or don't appear to have) gotten any worse over the course of the day...

I'm also feeling quite sicky (not usual for me) and the baby is VERY active...

It sounds terrible to admit, but I have no clue what labour feels like as I had an El CS last time round and have one planned this time too...

I don't have a local midwife (I'm going private in London, but am a good hour away from the hospital)

Should I worry, or is this likely just a tummy bug?

THANKYOU!

Kafka Sun 21-Jun-09 21:16:30

Babies generally take hours and hours to come out. If you were in labour, in all liklihood it would be agony, a few cramps and period pains is not it. Don't worry smile

pooka Sun 21-Jun-09 21:16:54

Could be BRaxton Hicks? Has the baby changed position (do you know). I find that when this one shifts, it can result in more frequent BH.

Are the tightenings just that, or are they painful? If painful (like proper painful rather than "ooh") then I'd be tempted to call your hospital.

spicemonster Sun 21-Jun-09 21:17:49

Did you not get Braxton Hicks with the last one? That's what these sounds like to me. And babies are not very active when they're about to be born - they go pretty quiet generally. I'm no expert but that's my understanding and so I don't think you should worry

Haribosmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:21:05

Thankyou!!!

I can go to sleep in peace!!

No, I didn't get anything like BH with DS.
I don't think the baby has changed position - still feels head down / butt up! grin

But, the tightenings are not painful... they are 'ooohhh' but not painful!!!

thanks again!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 22-Jun-09 21:36:11

Braxton hicks IMO!

Haribosmummy Tue 23-Jun-09 09:32:12

Well, still having the tighenings, but they are no worse and I don't have a baby yet so it's obvious that they are a false alarm grin

Thanks for all the advice and apologies for being so clueless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now