Talk

Advanced search

Lulumama - Marslady - I need your expertise please

(6 Posts)
Alambil Sun 21-Jun-09 19:54:59

My mum wants to become a doula but work with women after the birth bit - is that possible?

Should she go on the MNT course or is there something better?

Does the MNT thing "qualify" her or is it just a step to something bigger?

Also, is there much call for post-natal doulas?

thanks for any help

Alambil Mon 22-Jun-09 20:41:43

xx

poshtottie Mon 22-Jun-09 21:03:35

I have done quite a few MNT courses and they are excellent though the doula courses are not recognised by Doula UK.

I think a better course would be with Nurturing Birth.

I am a maternity nurse and most of my work is not in my area though occasionally jobs do become available. When I tell people what I do most haven't even heared of it so it depends where you live.

Most people like references and previous experience but it has alot to do with how you get on with the family.

Your mum could volunteer with Homestart, though I'm sure she has a wealth of experience already.

mumtoloads Tue 23-Jun-09 08:21:19

There is Post natal Doulas. It would probably best to go for a course that is reognised by Doula uk but it is totally her choice. There are a lot of Doula courses out there. The Nurturing birth one does it for Birth, Post natal or both so if she does only want to do Post Natal then she would only have to go on the course the days it covers this area.

Alambil Tue 23-Jun-09 22:42:53

thanks ladies - sorry for late reply, I forgot I started it!

liahgen Tue 23-Jun-09 22:45:53

doula training with nurturing birth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now