Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Could this be the start of labour??

(8 Posts)
pandagirl03 Fri 19-Jun-09 13:12:35

This morning i woke up and had diahorria, then about 30 mins later at 9.15am i got like sharp pinching pains in bottom of my bump and bump going tight, this has been going on now since then and they are coming every 10-15 mins but are getting slightly stronger. I have also got back ache now and feel wierd like i have no energy in my legs. I have never been in labour before because i had a section with dd. I have been walking about and cleaning but when walking about they seem stronger. Any advise would be great, thanks.

belgo Fri 19-Jun-09 13:16:23

How many weeks pregnant are you? it could be the start, but you may have a while to go yet.

pandagirl03 Fri 19-Jun-09 13:18:35

Hiya 39+2, feel really sick too. I also had a sweep on tuesday, but guess that would of worked before now if it was going too.

FanjolinaJolie Fri 19-Jun-09 13:25:47

Sounds like labour is starting for you.

Hope all goes well!

Louby1983 Fri 19-Jun-09 13:31:03

Keep walking about & rotating ur hips (elvis stylee), this will help with the labour & help baby to get into position.
U may still have a while to go yet, I started with the dihorreah & contractions 4 days b4 baby came out.
Having said that (this is going to sound odd, i know) but labour was really easy.
I kept myself busy, even went down to the corner shop & then cooked the family dinner whilst having contractions. Played endless rounds of soduku & spent hours in the bath.

If u have a shower & a plastic garden chair or one that u dont mind getting wet, sit on it back to front with the shower trickling down ur back - it really helped me stay realxed & releived all of those annoying little twinges ( my labour was mostly in my back).

Good luck & remember - do it like elvis! swing & sway!

belgo Fri 19-Jun-09 15:25:06

What's happening Pandagirl?smile

pandagirl03 Fri 19-Jun-09 17:33:48

Hiya Well everything has stopped apart from the back ache. I went and had a bath then soon after all but the back ache vanished.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 19-Jun-09 17:44:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: