Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirth - Can't afford a course so which books / CD's / DVD's would you recommend?

(6 Posts)
redcat453 Mon 15-Jun-09 09:56:09

I don't really know much about Hypnobirth but a friend recommended it and I'm willing to give anything a shot!

It's my first baby and I'm 35 weeks - Have I left it too late to start?

I can't afford the course that's run locally but I'd like to get a CD/DVD/Book..... what are your recommendations? and any words of advice?

Many Thanks!

christiana Mon 15-Jun-09 09:57:56

Message withdrawn

redcat453 Mon 15-Jun-09 10:02:24

Hi Christiana, No I haven't actually - I will look into it - thanks!

christiana Mon 15-Jun-09 10:52:29

Message withdrawn

childrenchildreneverywhere Mon 15-Jun-09 12:42:24

Have you asked your practitioner if they offer concessionary places? you might find you can get on a class for the same price as a book and CD, but if you don't ask you don't get!

I don't advertise my cheap/free places (I'm a HypnoBirthing teacher) so that it's not taken advantage of, but am more than happy to dramatically discount my fees if somebody is in need, most practitioners are the same - email a few of your local ones and ask and you may get a pleasant surprise!

Oh and at 35wks it's not too late!

Re. books/CD if you buy the older version of the HypnoBirthing (Marie Mongan) book from Amazon (orange cover with a baby on the front) it comes with a free CD (relaxation and birth rehearsal) for abour £10, you really don't need more books/CDs than that......

redcat453 Mon 15-Jun-09 13:07:06

Thanks very much for that ChildrenChildren, I did email the local practitioner and she said it was too late to get me on one of her group sessions and that she'd have to come to our house / we'd have to go to her house. The cost was £400 which is quite a bit more than I wanted to spend!! I have a midwife appointment at the hospital on Wednesday so I will ask if they do any courses there and I'll also have a look at the book/CD you have recommended.

Thanks very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now