Talk

Advanced search

Bikini wax after c-section?

(9 Posts)
crackerqueen Sun 14-Jun-09 17:45:34

As my son was several weeks premature I didn't get around to neatening myself up before the op. A few months later, my scar looks pretty well healed, just a thin red line, but boy am I bushy above, on and below it! When is it safe to wax? I don't mean itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, just a major tidy up.
How long should I wait?
Can waxing rupture anything? TIA

crackerqueen Sun 21-Jun-09 14:55:59

Come on, Girls! Am I really being that shallow?! smile
X

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 21-Jun-09 15:10:59

No idea cracker! I have got scars on my legs though and would be dubious about waxing over them...

Could you call a beauty parlour they would know? i can't imagine posh etc go without!

namechanger09 Sun 21-Jun-09 15:13:47

just a guess not an informed opinion:

I doubt that it would rupture anything but may increase chance of ingrown hairs increasing risk of small infections etc????

MrsHappy Sun 21-Jun-09 19:42:50

It's a few months later. I can't imagine that anything would rupture. I didn't wax this soon because I was shy about how my scar looked, but really I can't imagine it would cause anything bad to happen especially if you found your wound healed quite well.
Also, I have found that my scar is pretty numb so that is really the easiest bit of my wax!

lechatnoir Sun 21-Jun-09 22:06:30

I'd trim the top myself and just get wax below until you're happy that it's 100% healed although can't really see any problems this far on.

I had my pre-birth wax 2 weeks before my DD and now 9 days over due I'm gradually turning into Hairy McClarey & DH thinks it's hilarious that I'm actually bothered grin

crackerqueen Mon 22-Jun-09 08:01:41

Thanks everyone!
lechatnoir I totally understand! You were so organised getting yourself done too! Good luck with everything!
Still can't quite believe I posted this question. grin

Meglet Mon 22-Jun-09 22:59:29

I waxed over the scar 6 weeks later after both my cs's. But the scar had healed well. I was so desperate to feel normal again I just went for it and did it gently.

Pinkshoes86 Tue 23-Jun-09 14:37:53

As a beauty therapist I can say it's totally safe to wax over your c-section scar providing you have been given the ok that it has totally healed by a medical professional. This said as you're less likely to have feeling due to the scar tissue so you/your therapist should take extra care when waxing over the scar (never place wax directly on the scar) & ensure the wax is not too hot (test on the inside of your wrist before you use it).
You really won't have an issue with ingrown hairs along the scar tissue as it has less blood circulation so hair will not grow in the damaged tissue , but hormones do crazy things to us so you may find you're more prone to them around the bikini area.
If you're uncertain about doing it right now, I would suggest waxing a cm above & below and doing a good trim in-between.
Definitely not a question to be embarrassed to ask, we all still need to feel feminine grin
I've taken to booking in with another therapist for my waxing & have appts booked right up to my due date as I can no longer see to do it myself, lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now