Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing - can anyone recommend a good cd or book?

(4 Posts)
GinaFordAteMyBaby Fri 12-Jun-09 10:52:25

I'd like to give hypnobirthing a go but can't really afford to do any classes. I was wondering if anyone had tried a book or CD they could recommend?

Thanks.

Diege Fri 12-Jun-09 13:53:17

I'm using an excellent cd at the moment called 'Effective home birth preparation' (Natal hypnotherapy). It was passed on to me by a friend, and while I'm not having a home birth, you couldn't actually tell it's designed for hb. Really realxing, and has helped allay my fears about the labour.Also comes with a really useful little booklet (actually as good as some of the books on the subject) Their website is www.natalhypnotherapy.com smile

MrsMerryHenry Fri 12-Jun-09 13:58:23

I second Diege's choice. Brilliant. I didn't realise it was for homebirth, though in the end I laboured confidently at home then arrived at hospital 7cm dilated! I felt like an Amazonian.

Highly recommended.

childrenchildreneverywhere Fri 12-Jun-09 23:54:40

Have you asked local practitioners (I am one BTW) if they will give you a discount? I offer at least one concessionary place (anything up to 75% off) in each of my courses, but often it's not advertised so that it's not taken advantage of!! You might find you can get on a course for not much more than the cost of a book and CD, but if you don't ask you don't get!

Attending a course is much, much better than self study for numerous reasons (partner participation, face to face hypnotherapy, DVDs, discussions, absorbing confidence etc...) but if you don't have any luck with a course I'd recommend buying Marie Mongan's HypnoBirthing book from Amazon, if you get the older edition (orange baby on the front) it comes with a free relaxation and birth rehearsal CD - all for about £15. IMO you really do need a book as a well as a CD.

HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now