Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

elective section after prolapse

(6 Posts)
stuckbetweenarockandahardplace Thu 11-Jun-09 19:32:14

Hi, i'd appreciate some advice.
I'm pregnant with #3, and cannot decide wether to go for an elective caesarean. I have had one difficult delivery with ventouse/forceps followed by one homebirth which was great..unfortunately I've been left with a prolapsed bladder and was told after second birth that any more deliveries would make it worse. So....do I have an EC with its own risks or do I go for a third "normal delivery" and run the risk of years of gynae surgery that my obs consultant told me yesterday has a 15-30% chance of not working. I can't spend the next couple of years unable to lift more than a kettle because of prolapse with 3 small ones to look after. Is anyone out there who has had a section for this reason? how did it go? Thanks

stuckbetweenarockandahardplace Thu 11-Jun-09 19:35:01

Whoops. Seem to have posted that twice. blush can i delete one?

LeonieSoSleepy Thu 11-Jun-09 19:42:18

Message withdrawn

stuckbetweenarockandahardplace Thu 11-Jun-09 19:46:45

Loeonie,
Did you have two sections or "normal births". I've been told that it was probably the forceps 1st time that did it but it didn't show up until after the second. Obs said she hasn't got a crystal ball and couldn't say whether it would be worse after third or not but I just don't want to risk it. (she did say pregnancy could worsen it also).

stuckbetweenarockandahardplace Thu 11-Jun-09 19:48:04

sorry - Leonie blush... not doing very well with my use of keyboard this evening!!

LeonieSoSleepy Thu 11-Jun-09 22:18:23

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now