Talk

Advanced search

ANY TIPS FOR RIPENING UP THE CERVIX ?

(9 Posts)
milkmonster Thu 11-Jun-09 16:35:36

Any tips/old wives tales/etc on softening up the cervix ready for labour?

I'm 40 weeks + 4 days, second baby, just had a sweep today, all strightforward preg and birth now and previous.

Peachy Thu 11-Jun-09 16:41:03

evening primrose oil (check casule to ensure no nasties- Lloyds pharmacies do them for virtually pennies),take two: swlaoow one and pop one up yer bits, morning and night

Sounds gross but wroks wonderfully

TheProvincialLady Thu 11-Jun-09 16:43:21

Stick it on a sunny windowsill. Always works for our tomatoes.

(sorrygrin

rainbowdays Thu 11-Jun-09 16:48:42

Sorry PMSL at Theprovlady comment.

Anyway Peachy is right, EPO, 500 you can take 4 I believe, I took 3 orally and 1 hrump you know where, and it worked. I am convinced it stopped me tearing too, even with a much bigger baby.

Hope things work out for you.

Lulumama Thu 11-Jun-09 16:49:30

sex

what did your MW say re your cervix after your sweep?

rainbowdays Thu 11-Jun-09 16:49:44

Oh forgot to say, do check what is with it, I can't remember for certain, but think do not have it with added vit a, but can be with vitamin e I believe.

bacon Fri 12-Jun-09 20:27:21

Just keep mobile, crawl around on all fours to get head to push down on cervix but really there is nothing you can do.

I tried everything and like you was healthy etc but both times had to be induced.

My second preg had terrible trouble getting favourable.

Try sex as much as possible for the chemicals in the sperm to stimulate the cervix.

rayner Sat 13-Jun-09 21:37:11

Message deleted

brettgirl2 Tue 16-Jun-09 16:06:11

I went to the races at 40+1. When I got up from the circular stool at the paddock I had a very strange sensation shock.

I went into full labour two days later....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now