Talk

Advanced search

I think things may be starting a little sooner than they should be.

(9 Posts)
insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 11-Jun-09 08:29:40

Since yesterday I have had small signs that labour may be starting, I am 34+6 today. I have had a show, small and not a lot of it but it looked just like the mucous I lost with DD, it had pinky, bloody spots in it.

I have had mild period type pains and the BH are now getting much stronger, and longer. I am having to stop and breath through some of them.

If this is the start I know it could go on for aaaaaaaaages yet, but I wanted to ask how bad it would be if DD2 came now considering I still have 5 weeks to go?

weegiemum Thu 11-Jun-09 08:33:05

At 34+6 I would call the midwife. I had early symptoms with dd2 at 34 weeks and ended up in hospital with steroids to make her lungs ready and drugs to stop labour - was eventually induced at 37 weeks due to illness.

Your Dd2 needs her lungs to be really efficient - you may well need some help before she is born.

insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 11-Jun-09 08:36:40

Thanks, I did not think of that just thought it would still be a very long time from this point.

I will ring MW and see what she say's to do now, thank you.

insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 11-Jun-09 10:35:06

It's all stopped now, no pains anymore (although my back is a little sore) Don't really want to bother MW now.

Cant really go in just yet anyway as DH at work and I have no one to have DD, and she would be bored having to sit at the hospital for any length of time.

tvfriend Thu 11-Jun-09 15:13:34

I had DS at 34+4 (having had DD at 36 weeks so not entirely unexpected).
He had 2 nights in special care to help a bit with breathing but was absolutely fine. s now 5 months.
As weegiemum mentioned, I also had steroids in labour to get his lungs ready so I would call the MW if I were you. (if you haven't already).

PlumBumMum Thu 11-Jun-09 15:18:48

I would ring mw, this happened to my SIL on Tuesday she was due on the 4th July, shes in the hosp now with her new baby, born this morn
Her baby is abit older than yours so you would want to check re the steriod injection

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 12-Jun-09 08:50:27

Morning all, I called the MW late last night as I kept getting very irregular contractions (or at least that is what I thought they were lol) They asked me to go in to be monitored. But as usual by the time I had got there everything had calmed down. They monitored me and baby, no contractions were showing on the machine and DD was moving all over the place. They checked my cervix, which was quite painful this time tbh, but all was good and cervix was closed.

They let me come home, thank god, with a promise to call as soon as anything starts again.

PlumBumMum Fri 12-Jun-09 10:20:55

Thats good but don't be embarrassed to ring again if you think its happening always better to be safe than sorry!

Good luck smile

insertwittynicknameHERE Wed 17-Jun-09 10:05:12

I ended up being kept in over the weekend for observation as contractions were showing on the monitor. I had pain, (period type pain) but constant not coming and going or anything.

They let me out on Monday morning (had to go back to hospital to A&E in an ambulance with DD but that is another thread)

I am again this morning getting tightening's which are slightly painful, but more uncomfortable than anything. Though my lower back is in agony when I get the tightening's, it really hurts. I have taken some paracetamol and am running a bath to see if that help ease it.

My cervix was closed when they kept me in over the weekend, don't know about now though.

I have a question though since I came home I have had a feeling like a bulging inside my fanjo IYSWIM blush sorry if TMI, but I wondered if anyone else had this when pg at all. Also my epitostomy scar from DD is very very sore and tender to the touch, it feels like it is being pulled every which way, is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now